Page shortcut: https://egpu.io/nvidia-error43-fixer
This is the homepage for this software and the only allowed distribution point
Aim: To fix Windows 10/8/7 Device Manager showing an error code 43 against a Nvidia eGPU running on a mPCIe, EC, M.2, LUA interface or desktop PCIe slot. Here a lengthy fix utilizing an old 368.81 driver + mods is distilled into a one-click script to instantly get your eGPU up and running. The latest Nvidia driver can be used without any introduced performance or functionality penalty.
1. Download this 50KB attachment:
2. Extract it to a folder & navigate to that folder
3. Double-click nvidia-error43-fixer.bat
4. Click YES to UAC approval prompt
5. Follow onscreen instructions & prompts as shown in above screenshot
|mPCIe||Chartone, thegadgetfreak, Jousboxx (APU)|
|Expresscard||Michael Friis, Waifu4Laifu, newt, Flood Gates , Arbystrider, randommuser, hathos, aalopz02, Boing, Norbert Z, azbest_hu, Bogdan_Gordin, joe_jackson|
|M.2||Robert Evans, jkey, nando4, Nikhil Rao|
|Lenovo Ultrabay Adapter (LUA)||intruder, rusTORK|
|Desktop PCIe slot||Ragingstyle, FrankMario|
If nvidia-error43-fixer is useful to you then consider a donation via PayPal:
Thank you for using nvidia-error43-fixer
Version 1.1.3 (Feb-2021)
* bug: gather GPUs from currentcontrolset rather than controlset001
Version: 1.1.2 (Jan-2019)
* now fully automated: scan, patch then restart any error code 43 detected Nvidia GPUs
* if error code 43 persists, prompt to open egpu.io mPCIe/EC/M.2 how-to for other fixes
* bug: now works with multiple Nvidia GPUs
* bug: now correctly reports when error 43 is fixed
Version: 1.0.0 (Sep-2018)
* initial release
suggestion: show a menu-like interface (numbered) for each available adapter, then user can type in number for the adapter to patch for Though it is fair to say there won’t be too many of them anyway.
Just tested this small script. I deleted NVIDIA drivers with DDU and installed fresh ones 416.16. First one of the cards have got Error 31 (need install drivers), after i installed them i did re-boot and there was Error 43. I run script, answered new questions and re-boot. Error 43 is gone.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Got tired of programs giving me the middle finger when I tried to run on driver 372.70. No newer driver would work, no older driver would work.
Decided to finally update my drivers to 416.16, and this script turned out to be a godsend when I encountered error 43.
X230T, EVGA GTX1070 Hybrid via PE4C-EC060A, Windows 7.
ThinkPad X230t, i7-3520M @ 2.9 GHz, Windows 7
EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid, 2113 MHz @ 1043 mV
x1.2Opt, PE4C V3.0, 4Gbps-EC2