Setup & Software Discussions
T430 won't boot past logo screen with external monitor

T430 won't boot past logo screen with external monitor  

RSS

(@peter_qin)

This is similar to a more well-known issue where the computer won't boot past logo screen with an eGPU attached to the EC2 slot, but in this case it's the external monitor.

Thinkpad T430, i7-3632QM, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 pro 1703, BIOS ver. 2.79
EXP GDC 8.5c with expresscard, MSI GTX 1070, Corsair HX850.
Samsung S32D850T monitor, connected to the DVI port on the GPU via a HDMI to DVI adapter. 

Everything works fine without the monitor. It gets recognized, newest driver installed, no error 12, error 43 fixed with the script:
https://egpu.io/nvidia-error43-fixer

The problem is if I try to turn on the computer with the monitor attached to the GPU, it would not get past the logo screen. Also works flawlessly if I attach the monitor after the logo screen. Exactly the same issue except it's the monitor not the eGPU. I played with the PTD switch on the EXP GDC but it did not seem to do anything.

If I attach the EC2 adapter after the logo screen it does not get recognized at all.

I don't like having to plug and unplug the monitor every time I turn on the computer, so any advice on how to get around it would be appreciated. This setup has worked before on an Acer E1-471G with a mPCIE cable.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@anirudh_nikhil)

Would your system be shutting down? Is that what you mean by not going past boot screen? or do you mean it gets stuck or restarts?

This could explain my issue. Thanks!

Toshiba C655-S5212 [2310m] GTX 960
External monitor

ReplyQuote
Lemaya
(@lemaya)

I have the same issue.

The thinkpad just freezes with the logo still displayed.

I have to remove all external monitors to boot. I can only connect them after I booted to windows.

No Error 12 nor 43 left, thanks to nando's software an the 43 fixer.

Newest bios 2.80 is installed. PTD set to 7sec or 15sec doesn't change anything.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@abdullah_gok)

Hello
The solution to the problem is to use the system in UEFI mode.
I am using the Windows 7 operating system as UEFI and I am not having any problems on the BIOS screen.

ReplyQuote