(@nino)

Hi All

T540P - i7-4810MQ
iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
dGPU: Nvidia 730m
eGPU: Nvidia 970
Nvidia Driver 385.41
Windows Home 10 17134

I've spent the last few days fiddling with this setup, I had some error 12/43 issues which I overcame using the custom DSDT and eGPU Setup.

I now have my 970 in device manager with no errors, PCI Express Root Complex under the large memory section in device manager.

The issue I am having is I cant get any applications to see the eGPU and also the HDMI /DVI port on the 970 is not outputting any video.  I tried going into the windows graphics settings and setting MSIAfterburner.exe to high performance but that had no effect.

I also cant seem to disable the iGPU

Thanks for any hints.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
YOON2002
(@yoon2002)

Hello, sadly I don't have an answer for your question but I do have ab additional question.

Did you use m.2 interface for eGPU?
I am looking for T440p/T540p eGPU, and wondering if expresscard is the only option.
Thank you in advance!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
agraham2
(@agraham2)

Hi nino, I'm having the same problem:

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/exp-gdc-gtx770-thinkpad-w541-shows-up-in-device-manager-but-cant-get-it-to-work/

Seems like you just can't disable optimus in modern ThinkPad bios?

ReplyQuote
T430up
(@t430up)
Eminent Member

Did you try going to Nvidia control panel (launch as administrator if it crashes) and choosing eGpu as default card? Helped for me.

T480s i7 + Aorus Gaming Box 1070
T430 i7 + EXP GDC 1060

ReplyQuote