I have an Elitebook 8460p with 2nd Generation i5-2540m 2.6GHz Dual core processor, 8GB of ram and a 108GB SD Hard drive, I've read some articles on here about other people having success with this before, But I want to be 100% sure. I want to get an "MSI Geforce GTX 750Ti GAMING DirectX 12 N750Ti TF 2GD5/OC 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card" and I want to be 100% sure I can use this graphics card with this the same eGPU setup suggested here: https://egpu.io/forums/builds/hp-8460p-4gb-hd-6850exp-gdc-beast-8-3e-ec2-port/
(also the graphics card says it has 60-watt power consumption but recommends 400-watt power supply since this is just the PCI x16 slot can I just use the 150 Watt DC Interface to power it?)
I'm not great with computers.
You an use a 150W DC power supply to power a GTX750Ti eGPU with ease. You just need to make sure that power supply outputs 12v and that the plugs match what the Beast has for inputs.
My eGPU Zoo - Link to my Implementations.
Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."
Thanks, Does this mean I can use the eGPU setup that I linked with GTX750 Ti?
I would say yes in general, especially if you hold the same laptop the link you posted.
What you need to know basically:
- Go There
- Check the mini pci-express adapters, the cheapest one is the EXP v8.4d
- Get a power supply like This or This. The first is with a DC jack (be sure to get the right size) the second is using a 8pin to power the adapter.
- If your card required a 6/8pin power input, get This to power it from the EXP, not sure they ship the cable with.
- Get your 750Ti, your external monitor, your vga/dvi cables.
Then the install part, what you need to know:
- The 750Ti, as well the eGPU adapter should be supported by your laptop under mpci-e 1x 2.0, like showed in the other thread you linked.
- For the detection just follow the basic rules for powering on your eGPU setup, plenty of resources on this forum, just lurke around and Here.
- The 750Ti need some space to fit into the laptop windows system, since you already have another video adapter integrated to the laptop.
- For this you need to perform what called a DSDT override to force windows to fit the 750Ti, and at the same time disable the integrated AMD card to free space.
- Nando4 can help you for this part, he had already some support for this laptop, this part should be easy. Contact him or post here when you get your stuff.
Normally this setup should work and you will have fun with i'm sure. Remember also that all of this is still DIY, so there is no 100% sure. ^^
Brother i have 8460p
Gtx 750ti exp gdc setup working perfect but my laptop not detact the gpu i will unintstall networck udapter driver and disabable wake on lan but laptop still undicteted gpu plees help pleees😑