Help COVID-19 / 2019-NCOV Research through [email protected] or BOINC
@xkendy_kendy [email protected] provided an update with the project numbers and what they do. Also to note is that they are GPU optimized so using the eGPU for these projects is an excellent match. Would be great to know how we can configure our systems to specifically work on them. Here's a quick summary:
- 11741: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2. atoms: 165550, credit: 15396
- 11742: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease in complex with an inhibitor. atoms: 62227, credit: 9405
- 11743: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease – potential drug target. atoms: 62180, credit: 9405
- 11744: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody. atoms: 109578, credit: 7608
- 11745: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain mutated to the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody. atoms: 110370, credit: 7685
- 11746: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2 (alternative structure to 11741). atoms: 182699, credit: 16615
@itsage, Yeah, I wanted to specifically contribute to COVID-19 research first. I don't mind lending compute for other projects of course, but the former was a motivation.
Here's a relevant thread from the folding forum, looks like there's no automated option to get only CoVID-19 work units, but GPUs should get mostly only those jobs since that's what they're pushing.
If you get a non-CoVID project (as seen by having a different project number from the ones itsage posted) you can try just removing that slot and re-adding it to get assigned a different project.
I woke up to my machines not doing any work. It seems many people are getting on board and the FAH servers cannot keep up with distributing out new work. 😀
The Alienware 13R3 with 3x Radeon eGPU is excellent for this use. At one point, they were going full speed and posted 2,293,210 points per day!
Just joined the team yesterday, though I've been running it for the last week. Apart from the occasional idle, my system's been okay. Does anyone else have "bad gateway" issues when looking at the [email protected] site?
@rlmontez, FAH servers have been overloaded the past week. I'm having a hard time pulling up the stats page. It's not a bad problem because many people and jumping on board.
Italian here joining the eGPU team. After one week stuck at home with the country in complete lockdown, putting my GTX1070 to good use was the least I could do
Yesterday the servers were pretty overloaded but today I finally got my first Work Unit.
Oh and guys, don't forget: with [email protected] we can speed up research, but on the other hand let's also buy it as much time as possible!
Wherever you are, as COVID-19 spreads through your country, try to limit movement to the bare necessities, wash hands, avoid crowded places, postpone that visit to Granma you planned.
If you can, be proactive and just stay at home even before the local authorities oblige you to!
We are what your country will look like in a couple of weeks, please learn from our shortcomings and heed our advice