Notifications
Clear all

Help COVID-19 / 2019-NCOV Research through [email protected] or BOINC  

of  4
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@rasmus_johansson, Does your iMac have a dGPU? It's likely FAH recognized the dGPU only and identified it as such.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ningauble77
(@ningauble77)
Reputable Member

Been running [email protected] nightly with the RTX 2080 attached to my MacBook Pro, and the Radeon VII attached to my mini-itx PC.  I've found the client gets confused if the GPU changes due to egpu hot plugging, and it wasn't happy about my RVII being disabled when I use it on the MacBook in bootcamp for its usb peripherals, so I hot unplug the Core v2 before I turn folding on, and pop it into the Ryzen PC.  I've also found that if its not working uninstalling and reinstalling can help, and doesn't take too long.

Originally I was using the CPU's on both machines and the 5500m on the MacBook, I disabled cpu/dgpu folding on the MacBook Pro for now to reduce wear and tear and because I was having stability issues.  Also been having occasional BSOD and reboot issues on the Ryzen PC which has been otherwise stable.  The RTX egpu hasn't had any issues whatsoever so maybe its an AMD driver problem.

2019 16 Macbook Pro + Core v2 + Radeon VII MacOS 10.15.1
Core X Chroma + RTX 2080 Windows 10 1909
Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3, Ryzen 5 3400G + Core v2 + Radeon VII Win10 1909

2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
noxo
 noxo
(@noxo)
Eminent Member

@ningauble77 Running right behind you with Intel NUC i3 & 2070 GTX gaming box (underclocked to 125W). Whole combo is taking 150W and giving 1.2M PPD, pretty good 🙂 

This post was modified 8 months ago

HP Spectre x360 15" (Windows 10) /
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Xubuntu 18.04) with AORUS RTX 2070 Gaming box

2018 14" Huawei MateBook X Pro (MX150) [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 16Gbps-TB3 (Zotac AMP Box Mini) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
BlackJack84
(@blackjack84)
Eminent Member

As of yesterday, these are the updated [email protected] FLOPS stats:

In other words, it now boasts almost 50% more computational power than the whole TOP500 list. 😯

This is unreal, keep them going folks!

This post was modified 8 months ago

2016 12.5" Razer Blade Stealth (i7-7500U) + GTX1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus)

noxo, phila-delphia, jefniro and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
Dave Sparks
 Dave Sparks
(@Dave Sparks)

OK, newbie here. I have been running BOINC for many months, but recently switched from SETI to Rosetta. I Googled and found the eGPU.io team and joined. The thing is ... I don't actually have an eGPU. I'm processing on a Dell laptop and getting maybe a few hundred credits per day. (Every bit helps, right?) What's an inexpensive upgrade path to be able to help more? My laptop is a Dell Latitude E6430.

If you have a link to this info, I'd appreciate it.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  4