Hybrid Camera for Still & Video - Fujifilm X-T4

Notifications
Clear all

Hybrid Camera for Still & Video - Fujifilm X-T4  

RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

I wanted to incorporate video into my reviews of eGPU enclosure for a while. There are a few excuses for why I haven't done it. First reason was the learning curve. Second was the camera I enjoy using the past ten years (Canon 7D) while great at still photography, isn't so good for videography. The biggest reason however is procrastination.

After owning the 7D for a decade, I collected a decent amount of L lenses and accessories. The thought of switching to another brand was a foreign concept. Upgrading to a 5D Mark IV would have been an easy path but it didn't seem right. At one point I considered using the 7D for photo and getting the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K for video. That way I can use one set of EF lens.

Then I recalled the many trips with a bag full of gear and not able to enjoy using the camera as much as I'd like to. I started looking at mirrorless options. Sony is the dominant name during my research. I also looked into the Canon's mirrorless lineup but felt they are not putting in the effort. I almost decided on the Panasonic Lumix S1 until I learned about the Fujifilm X-T4.

Today I'm a new owner of a two-tone X-T4 mirrorless camera + XF 16-80mm f/4.0 R OIS WR lens! It's about half the size and weight of my Canon 7D + 24-105mm f/4L IS lens. There are a lot more dials and buttons; will definitely spend the weekend learning about this new camera. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and tips on getting started with video!

Here are some photos of the Fujifilm X-T4 during unboxing. It uses USB-C so data transfer and charging can take place at once while connecting to the MacBook Pro. Dual SD card is nice two. I loaded it up with a pair of 128GB V60 UHS-II cards (vs 32GB CompactFlash on the 7D).

Only took a couple photos on the new camera so far in noob mode. 😀 

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

I'm on a road trip to US Southwest. The Fujifilm X-T4 with its XF 16-80mm f/4.0 R OIS WR kit lens is much more portable. I took a few pictures during July 4th with family and pets.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote