eGPU.io Community
Problem setting up egpu with Lenovo Ideapad 520 - GTX 680 - 0 clock

Problem setting up egpu with Lenovo Ideapad 520 - GTX 680 - 0 clock  

RSS

(@mmm_mmm)

Hi guys,

I have been trying to make this epgu work with my lenovo laptop for the past couple of days but unable to do so. My technical specs are:
Lenovo Ideapad 520

Cpu :  i7 8550u 

Ram: 12 GB

iGpu:  intel hd 620

dGPU: Nvidea Gefore MX150

External GPU specs are:

[EVGA] Nvidea Geforce GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB version

PSU: Asus 400W power supply

Dock: Exp gdc v8.0 using NGFF cable

Using this forum i have managed to successfully detect the gpu in the windows by disabling the dGPU from the bios (Graphics Mode: UMA only) and PXE boo to Lan : Disabled. Using the DDU i have managed to uninstall all the previous graphics drivers. After installing all the latest drivers for the eGPU i got the error 43. Resolved this error using the script provided on this forum. After that i got error 31, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers made this error go. Now the device manager says that the device is properly working. But i getting the following problem

Problem:

• I am unable to open nvida control panel so that i can switch to high performance nvidea gpu
  • GPU-Z and HWINFO shows GTX 680 but there is bunch of information that is missing specailly 0 clock and 0 memory

I tired to uninstall all the drivers using DDU and installing an old nvidea driver from this forum v368.81 and then gradually updating with new drivers. Nothing is working and its getting really frustrating. Any help would be highly appreciated.

This topic was modified 4 months ago

Lenovo idepad 520: CPU i7 8550U, igpu: Intel hd 620, dGPU: geforce MX150, ram: 12
eGPU specs: GTX 680, dock: exp gdc v8.0 using ngff cable, asus 400w power supply

ReplyQuote