[Solved] [SE/EU] FS:€300-ONO (SOLD) Custom liquid cooled Vega 64 in Sonnet 650
------------ THIS IS SOLD! ------------
Background: When I sold my old PC I took the Vega RX 64 from my custom liquid cooling loop and put it in a ghetto-custom Sonnet 650, bringing with me the PSU and adding lots of unfortunately (for me) costly fittings and the smallest pump-reservoir I could find on the internet.
The result is a pretty silent liquid cooled Vega 64 with some crude ghetto details due to my mods, but with great performance both in macOS and Bootcamp.
Mods: Two holes have been made in the bottom to be able to add an extra 140mm fan on the side.
A simple potentiometer fan controller on the back controls its speed.
The removable top part of the case has had some metal sheet (crudely) removed to accommodate for the added fan stuff.
The mods should be pretty obvious in the pictures.
- Sonnet 650 (Original PSU available as well)
- Seasonic 850W PSU (Needed a normal for pump and fans)
- MSI Radeon RX Vega 64 Air Boost 8G OC (without fan/heatsink)
- Heatkiller IV for RX Vega 64 Acetal
- XSPC All In One Reservoir (Pump)
- Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 120mm
- Some 120mm fan (don't remember which)
- Phantek 140mm fan
- Translucent tubing and lots of fittings
- Simple fan controller attached to the back with adhesive
- Will send without coolant obviously, so you'll need to buy some and fill via the reservoir (In the unlikely event that someone from close by wants it, they're free to pick it up with coolant still in it)
Works well as is, but if you've got an eye for it and some patience, you can probably fix most of the crudeness:
- The pump isn't noisy per se, but the way I fastened it in "one leg" cause vibrations and could be done better
- At one point the tubing makes a hard turn which folds it a bit (see pictures), this is ugly but shouldn't impact cooling that much
- It takes some force to close (and won't close with perfect fit) due to the side fan I installed with whatever I had lying around
Or, salvage the parts and build whatever you want.
Performance: I included four benchmarks, all of Unigine Valley because it's the only serious bench available for macOS as far as I can tell, but from a Windows standpoint it's a bit dated and its macOS counterpart uses OpenGL, not Metal. Benchmarks done on a Mac Mini from 2019 with i7 3.2GHz/32GB:
- macOS with iGPU (for comparison)
- macOS with eGPU on one port, display on another
- macOS with eGPU on one port, display connected to eGPU
- Windows with eGPU on one port, display connected to eGPU
Idle temp is around 50 degrees, if you play Apex for a while with the fan cranked up it has anecdotally went up to, like, 65-70 for me tops.
Shipping: Haven't checked yet, buyer pays shipping obviously but I just wanna do an interest check here first. If you can swing by my place in Gothenburg shipping is free.
@prikk, Thank you for the answer!
I can't send messages yet so a couple of questions here (and then I can go to personal messages ):
1) Can you ship to Russia?
2) Any chances of selling only Vega 64 with or without water-cooling system? I already have an eGPU (shame I missed this post!), but this looks very interesting.