Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 350W

Notifications
Clear all

Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 350W  

RSS

SilveR316
(@silver316)
Eminent Member

Brand new in original box. Came with my Apple Developer kit but I have another eGPU enclosure that I use.

$280 USD + shipping. I'm located in Toronto, Canada.

IMG 3309
IMG 3306

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

One benefit of this Sonnet Breakaway Box as part of the Apple Dev Kit is that it has 60W power delivery. The retail version only has 15W.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
dario
(@dario)

Posted by: itsage

One benefit of this Sonnet Breakaway Box as part of the Apple Dev Kit is that it has 60W power delivery. The retail version only has 15W.

true - but that also means that the graphics card inside the egpu gets more power in the original SOnnet 350 box (300W) as opposed to the one from the apple dev kit (225W) - this consequently means that the original box bought on the sonnet website is compatible with greater number of cards including Titan X for example - which won't work in the apple dev kit's box due to limited power supply for the graphics card. 

Wondering if that also impacts native compatibility of other cards (say Sapphire Nitro + RX 580) with High Sierra or not at all..

2015 15" Macbook Pro M370X + [email protected] (Sonnet Breakaway 550 via TB3->TB2 adapter) + macOS10.13.1

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
(@austin_hitchcock)

Still available? I'm in Toronto too.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote