eGPU.io Community
[US] FS: $525/$1000 USD 2x AORUS Gaming Box 1080's SOLD!

[Solved] [US] FS: $525/$1000 USD 2x AORUS Gaming Box 1080's SOLD!  

RSS

DrEGPU
(@dregpu)
Trusted Member

I have 2x AORUS Gaming Box 1080's that come with the box, the GPU, bag, cables, and I think I have the boxes for both. $525 each, but if you want both, I'll let them go for an even $1000, or best offer. Price includes payment fees and shipping to continental US / Lower 48. 

They both work great under linux and Windows 10 (you suck, Apple!). They're both in new-ish condition. I don't see any dents or marks, but I suppose there might be  minor something here or there. Here's my build guide using these things:
https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2018-15-macbook-pro-rp555x-2x-aorus-gaming-box-1080-32gbps-macos-10-13-6-dregpu/

Getting a Razer Core X and RTX 2080Ti, so the 1080's need to go in order to make room. I might hook this up to my crummy MBP13 2011 just for giggles! 🙂

This topic was modified 1 month ago

MBP 2018 15 inch + 2X Aorus gaming box 1080 in BootCamp and MacOS 10.13.6
2011 13-inch MacBook Pro + Razer Core X@10Gbps-TB1 (Zotac RTX 2080 Ti Amp) + Ubuntu 18.04

ReplyQuote
Ray
 Ray
(@ray)
Eminent Member

Hey. I know this isn’t what you’re offering, but would you be willing to sell just the enclosures? I’m also on a MacBook, and having a compatible card is pretty important for me. For that reason, I’m looking to put a Vega Nano or future Navi Nano In here. I have little need for the 1080.

Obviously I know this will make it harder for you to sell the 1080’s on their own, so I understand if you’re unwilling.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@dregpu If you decide to sell the Gaming Boxes empty to @ray, I would suggest buying AKiTiO Node Duo. You can run both GTX 1080 ITX from these Gaming Boxes in that enclosure. It needs a beefier PSU is all. The x2 PCI slots don’t really hinder compute performance.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

OliverB liked
ReplyQuote
DrEGPU
(@dregpu)
Trusted Member

@ray I’d be open to doing that. How much were you thinking?

Posted by: itsage

@dregpu If you decide to sell the Gaming Boxes empty to @ray, I would suggest buying AKiTiO Node Duo. You can run both GTX 1080 ITX from these Gaming Boxes in that enclosure. It needs a beefier PSU is all. The x2 PCI slots don't really hinder compute performance.

@itsage Interesting. I’m guessing there’s no way to enable nvlink? The mini 1080’s seem like you could enable SLI if your motherboard can handle that.

This post was modified 3 months ago

2011 13-inch MacBook Pro + Razer Core X@10Gbps-TB1 (Zotac RTX 2080 Ti Amp) + Ubuntu 18.04

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@dregpu SLI requires an x8 connection. I have not used NVlink in the RTX cards but I don’t think they work through eGPU enclosures.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
DrEGPU
(@dregpu)
Trusted Member

@itsage The 2070's in the gaming boxes don't have an NVlink port. The 1080's do. What I find confusing, is the interplay between SLI and NVlink. Can you use one without the other? I was wondering if I bought the NVlink bridge and connected the 2 1080's, would they be connected even if the mobo (ie eGPU enclosure) doesn't support SLI. 

ReplyQuote