eGPU.io Community
[US] FS: $525/$1000 USD 2x AORUS Gaming Box 1080's OBO

[US] FS: $525/$1000 USD 2x AORUS Gaming Box 1080's OBO  

RSS

DrEGPU
(@dregpu)
Trusted Member

I have 2x AORUS Gaming Box 1080's that come with the box, the GPU, bag, cables, and I think I have the boxes for both. $525 each, but if you want both, I'll let them go for an even $1000, or best offer. Price includes payment fees and shipping to continental US / Lower 48. 

They both work great under linux and Windows 10 (you suck, Apple!). They're both in new-ish condition. I don't see any dents or marks, but I suppose there might be  minor something here or there. Here's my build guide using these things:
https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2018-15-macbook-pro-rp555x-2x-aorus-gaming-box-1080-32gbps-macos-10-13-6-dregpu/

Getting a Razer Core X and RTX 2080Ti, so the 1080's need to go in order to make room. I might hook this up to my crummy MBP13 2011 just for giggles! 🙂

This topic was modified 1 month ago

MBP 2018 15 inch + 2X Aorus gaming box 1080 in BootCamp and MacOS 10.13.6
2011 13-inch MacBook Pro + Razer Core X@10Gbps-TB1 (eVGA RTX 2080 Ti) + Ubuntu 18.04

ReplyQuote
Ray
 Ray
(@ray)
Eminent Member

Hey. I know this isn’t what you’re offering, but would you be willing to sell just the enclosures? I’m also on a MacBook, and having a compatible card is pretty important for me. For that reason, I’m looking to put a Vega Nano or future Navi Nano In here. I have little need for the 1080.

Obviously I know this will make it harder for you to sell the 1080’s on their own, so I understand if you’re unwilling.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@dregpu If you decide to sell the Gaming Boxes empty to @ray, I would suggest buying AKiTiO Node Duo. You can run both GTX 1080 ITX from these Gaming Boxes in that enclosure. It needs a beefier PSU is all. The x2 PCI slots don't really hinder compute performance.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

109 external GPU build guides

OliverB liked
ReplyQuote
DrEGPU
(@dregpu)
Trusted Member

@ray I’d be open to doing that. How much were you thinking?

Posted by: itsage

@dregpu If you decide to sell the Gaming Boxes empty to @ray, I would suggest buying AKiTiO Node Duo. You can run both GTX 1080 ITX from these Gaming Boxes in that enclosure. It needs a beefier PSU is all. The x2 PCI slots don't really hinder compute performance.

@itsage Interesting. I’m guessing there’s no way to enable nvlink? The mini 1080’s seem like you could enable SLI if your motherboard can handle that.

This post was modified 1 month ago

2011 13-inch MacBook Pro + Razer Core X@10Gbps-TB1 (eVGA RTX 2080 Ti) + Ubuntu 18.04

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@dregpu SLI requires an x8 connection. I have not used NVlink in the RTX cards but I don't think they work through eGPU enclosures.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

109 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
DrEGPU
(@dregpu)
Trusted Member

@itsage The 2070's in the gaming boxes don't have an NVlink port. The 1080's do. What I find confusing, is the interplay between SLI and NVlink. Can you use one without the other? I was wondering if I bought the NVlink bridge and connected the 2 1080's, would they be connected even if the mobo (ie eGPU enclosure) doesn't support SLI. 

ReplyQuote