[US] FS: US$40/50 Atto Thunderbolt 1 1082 Enclosures

Notifications
Clear all

[US] FS: US$40/50 Atto Thunderbolt 1 1082 Enclosures  

RSS

CatfishChronic
(@catfishchronic)

Hi Everyone,

I picked up a few of these as a project and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in picking one up. It's really best fit for the thunderbolt 1 laptops, like T430s or early macbooks. That said, it's a nice little project to play around with. The enclosure can be modified to accommodate gpu sizes, or you can spring for a DIY enclosure altogether.

I'm offering the PCB by itself (and the 40mm fan that has to be plugged in, the board will not power on without it I believe) for $40, or with the enclosure for $50. Shipping excluded (but itll be a lot cheaper shipping just the PCB).

You'll need a thunderbolt cable and a 12v Power adapter for this (or possibly jury rig an ATX psu or DA2).

I have 4 for sale at this time. Feel free to ask any questions. I have plenty of feedback over at /hws and /mm

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nu_ninja
(@nu_ninja)
Reputable Member

@catfishchronic

Can you post pictures of the enclosures? If the forum doesn't let you upload pictures you can link imgur posts.

Mid-2012 13" Macbook Pro (MacBookPro9,2) TB1 -> RX 460/560 (AKiTiO Node/Thunder2)
+ macOS 10.15+Win10 + Linux Mint 19.1

2012 13" MacBook Pro [3rd,2C,M] + RX 460 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.14.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
CatfishChronic
(@catfishchronic)

@nu_ninja

https://imgur.com/a/3BeoMF1

I removed the bracket that would normally cover the I/O in order to accommodate a GPU. You'd have to modify the enclosure I/O cover or remove it completely

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote