My 2070 max q dgpu/3080 egpu. Microstutter/low fps when both activated.

Notifications
Clear all

My 2070 max q dgpu/3080 egpu. Microstutter/low fps when both activated.  

RSS

ElEl Penaflorida Mariano
(@elel_penaflorida_mariano)

hello 

i have a mid 2019 advanced model razer laptop that has a 2070 max q graphics card in it,

with  a Egpu of razer core x chroma that has a 3080 evga ultra ftw3 gpu inside.

i notice that if i have both the dgpu and egpu on from device manager, it gives me a micro stutter or low fps while playing ff14 or other games .

but when i disable the dgpu from my laptop which is the 2070 max q. the games runs smoother  with all games with  egpu (3080card)

I wanted to have both of my dgpu and egpu on in device manager but gives  issue when both are on. let me know what i should do?

Is it safe to disable the dgpu and just have my egpu running , would that ruin the battery life on my laptop or performance if i disable it or perfectly fine? 

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Lycid
(@lycid)
Eminent Member

It's fine. Just disable the dGPU.

When you disable something in device manager all it does is tell windows to not use it at a driver level - nothing more, nothing less. There's 0 chance of risk of damaging your laptop, but there is a risk that you'll be unable to boot into windows without safe mode on if you disable the wrong things. I.E. if you disable all the display adapters you won't be able to display anything on the screen without booting into safe mode. Just be smart about it.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago

Laptop: Razer Blade Advanced 15" w/ GTX 2060, i7 8750H, 16GB RAM
eGPU: Razer Core x Chroma w/ 2080ti

ReplyQuote
ElEl Penaflorida Mariano
(@elel_penaflorida_mariano)

@lycid, ok tnx for the advice, well my windows comes with its own intell UHD 630 graphics. so id be safe. but tnx for letting me know , geforce experience gives the caution with with battery boost and whisper mode and vertual reality when dgpu is disable but i should be ok since i have the egpu  on. that should be fine

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote