AORUS 1070 Gaming Box won't work after one day with my Yoga 920

Notifications
Clear all

AORUS 1070 Gaming Box won't work after one day with my Yoga 920  

RSS

Dinstruction
(@dinstruction)

EDIT: It turns out using DDU to delete and reinstall the NVIDIA drivers worked. I haven't tried disconnecting the eGPU yet, but does anyone know how I can avoid having to reinstall the drivers every time I want to reconnect?

I have a Lenovo Yoga 920-13IKB with Windows 10, and I just bought an AORUS Gaming Box equipped with a NVIDIA Geforce 1070 card. Installing it worked flawlessly, and I was able to get great performance while playing Bard's Tale IV. However, I unplugged the eGPU for the night and now it won't work.

When I plugged in the gaming box this morning, my computer immediately blue screened. I keep getting the blue screen of death when I boot up my laptop with the gaming box plugged in. However, if I boot up my computer without the box plugged in, I can plug it in afterwards. However, now it seems Steam isn't using the eGPU. I tried updating the NVIDIA drivers (even though I downloaded them yesterday) and it installs, but nothing seems to happen. I also noticed I can't access the NVIDIA graphics control panel because the program doesn't detect an NVIDIA graphics card. I also noticed that I no longer have the NVIDIA GPU Activity icon in my notification area.

The LED lights in the gaming box are on, and when I plug in the gaming box, my laptop charges and it seems Thunderbolt Software is detecting the gaming box. If I try to run any games, my computer will just use crappy integrated graphics chip so everything is borderline unplayable.

What can I do?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote