Notifications
Clear all

Should I return the Asrock Taichi RX 6800 XT and cop the re-stocking fee? Poll is created on Dec 11, 2020

Poll results: Should I return the Asrock Taichi RX 6800 XT and cop the re-stocking fee?
Voter(s): 1
Poll is created on Dec 11, 2020
Return the GPU.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
Keep working on a solution.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
Build a PC and put the GPU in there.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
Sell everything and move to a topically area to enjoy life.  -  votes: 1 / 100%
100%

[Solved] Asrock Taichi RX 6800 XT  

RSS

basud
(@basud)

Hi guys!

It is my first post in any sort of forums anywhere, ever. I hope everyone is keeping safe and is well.

I have an issues. I just got kinda luck to get my hands on a Asrock Taichi RX 6800 XT. I already had a Razer Core X enclosure. I received my eGPU today. However, unbeknownst to me, the GPU needs three 8-pin power connectors. My eGPU enclosure only has two. What do I do? Return the GPU? Sell it? Returning stock as a 15% restocking fees, which would equate to over $300 Cry I was looking around and found conflicting reports online. Some saying a 8 pin EPS ATX 12V Female to 2 x 8 Pin EPS ATX 12V Male 30cm would work, while others saying that it doesn't. Anyone got any ideas please. Any solid help would be greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards

Ali

PS: I was running a Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT in the Razer Core X via Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro 2019 i9 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. If that helps.  

This topic was modified 4 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@basud, Get a PCIe power Y adapter/splitter to produce more PCIe power connector. I've used something like this with different graphics cards and enclosures and they worked fine.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

basud liked
ReplyQuote
basud
(@basud)

@itsage, 8 pin EPS ATX 12V Female to 2 x 8 Pin EPS ATX 12V Male 30cm is this what you are referring to as a Y adapter/splitter? Thank you for replying to my post

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

@basud, not EPS. PCIe. The shapes of two of the pins is different.

https://superuser.com/questions/849265/is-there-a-difference-between-8-pin-eps12v-and-pci-e-connectors

https://www.reddit.com/r/eGPU/comments/ikesq8/psu_dual_8pin_to_triple_8pin_question_in_comments/
https://www.amazon.ca/COMeap-Express-Adapter-Braided-Y-splitter/dp/B072JR4H3N

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

basud liked
ReplyQuote
basud
(@basud)

@joevt, OH!!!! Thank you so much for saving me bro

ReplyQuote