Looking for paid expert: eGPU, 2018 Mac Mini, vega 56

Notifications
Clear all

Looking for paid expert: eGPU, 2018 Mac Mini, vega 56  

RSS

shartshooter
(@shartshooter)

I'm looking to pay someone to help me get my eGPU working in windows 10 using bootcamp on my 2018 mac mini.

Troubleshooting this is taking too much time. If you've got experience, please let me know!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

Have you read itsage's latest Macmini guide?

With the most recent windows release it sounds super simple... if you post more details people will be able to help and you may learn something valuable along the way which you might need again if you have issues further down the line.

Of course if you really don't want to self solve I'd be happy to take a look at it for you (although no expert), happy to settle for premium economy flights rather than business (guessing your not UK based).

This post was modified 2 years ago

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node Lite) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@shartshooter I hate to say this but a one time setup is not a good long-term solution for eGPU use in Boot Camp. You'd likely encounter minor issues following system software updates. Therefore knowing how to set up the eGPU for your Mac is the better approach. You can read and follow the setup steps in my 2018 Mac mini + Vega Nano build guide or try these steps below:

• Download and run DDU to remove all AMD graphics drivers [in Windows]
  • Download and run Update Assistant to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 [in Windows]
  • Connect a USB-C device to TB3 port next to HDMI then boot into Windows [Mac mini OFF]
  • Connect the RX Vega 56 eGPU to TB3 port next to USB-C device [in Windows]
  • Download and install Radeon drivers when Windows notifications show new device detected [in Windows]

If all goes well you can hot-plug and hot-unplug the RX Vega 56 eGPU in Windows 10 1903. Sometimes it takes several minutes for the system to fully load drivers. A clear sign when Thunderbolt connection being established is the Sound and Network icon briefly getting disabled. When Radeon drivers are fully loaded you may see the monitor flickers once or twice. This is a process of XConnect connecting the AMD eGPU to Intel iGPU in order to provide loopback acceleration.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // my 3rd RTX 3080 build [build link]  

ReplyQuote
shartshooter
(@shartshooter)

@itsage Thank you, I was able to go through your tutorial and make it work.

I did have to tell my computer to disable the Vega 56 and then Enable it to make it work.

I really appreciate your help. Folks like you do a great service to the world helping folks out with simple, clear answers like this.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@shartshooter That's good to hear you got it working. Also nice to have confirmation Window 10 1903 helps with AMD eGPU hot-plug.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // my 3rd RTX 3080 build [build link]  

ReplyQuote