Mac mini 2018 + eGPU Bootcamp Drivers and setup problem...!
My setup is:
1. mac mini 2018
2. Asus xg35vq monitor (100hz freesync).
3. Asus vega 64 (eGPU).
4. razer core x
I install windows on my mac with the bootcamp assists. the installation want o.k with the intel internal GPUs and the razer core x disable and turn off after the installation i turn on the razer core x and windows found my asus vega 64 egpu and boot up o.k. then i try AMD bootcamp drivers and the latest and drivers from AMD web site but i have the same problems very slow performance and things that don't work like:
1. My monitor support 100hz but don't go past 85hz.
2. AMD drivers report 6bit color only and i can't change this.
3. Freesync disable inside the driver "not supported" and Gray out in the monitor menu even that the monitor support freeesync ( my monitor connected with DP).
4. very slow performance in windows games.
any one can please help with this or know what to do...
Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts
There's something wrong with the Radeon graphics drivers in your setup. My recommendation is to run DDU and start fresh with the latest Radeon drivers from AMD website. Disconnect the eGPU completely when you remove the drivers. Once the Mac mini restarts, hot-plug the Vega 64 eGPU then wait for Device Manager to detect. You can proceed to install Radeon drivers. When the installation completes and prompts you to restart, don't do it through the installer. Choose the Start button then Shutdown. You can then switch the HDMI cable from the back of the Mac mini to the Vega 64 eGPU. The Mac mini should be able to start using the eGPU in Windows if all goes well.