Mac Mini 2018 using display through the EGPU vs HDMI to Mac - Intel Graphics Set...

Notifications
Clear all

Mac Mini 2018 using display through the EGPU vs HDMI to Mac - Intel Graphics Settings Default  

RSS

Danny Fong
(@danny_fong)

I have a mac mini 2018, Razer Core X and Radeon Rx580, Windows 10 1903

I'm only able to get a picture on my monitor when I connect the monitor directly to the HDMI port on my computer. Does connecting it directly to the Razer Core X have benefits? I'm having difficulty finding information, but when I boot to Windows (EGPU recognized and working), I can't open any Radeon software because it always defaults to Intel Graphics Settings. 

When I plug my HDMI cable from Monitor to EGPU output I am not able to get any picture on screen. Is there something I'm missing here? Shouldn't the HDMI to RCX/Monitor produce an image? It's annoying having that Intel Graphics pane because every time my computer can't power the peripherals my Intel iGPU takes over and I need to restart my computer and try again.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

Yes, connecting it directly to the Razer Core X has benefits (performance, resolution, refresh rate, HDR, Free Sync, etc.)

There are probably many builds in the Builds list using a Mac mini 2018 with RX 580 that you can try to follow.

It's probably a good idea to have a second monitor around to help with the setup procedure.

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote