Macbook Pro 16 Radeon Pro5300 dgpu with Quadro P2200 Internal display not accele...

Notifications
Clear all

Macbook Pro 16 Radeon Pro5300 dgpu with Quadro P2200 Internal display not accelerating though egpu in bootcamp  

RSS

Senpai_Briguy
(@senpai_briguy)

Hello, 

I am trying to get the Quadro P2200 to accelerate my programs in bootcamp but it seems to only use the Egpu when connected to only an external monitor. I have tried to set programs to prefer the egpu but as long as the internal display is on (extended mode) the system defaults back to the internal dgpu. I am on windows pro version 2004 and every attempt is hot plugged. It should be noted that I used to get a notification from Nvidia that says the p2200 may be unsupported and some windows functions might be limited but i havenèt gotten the notification in a while and it accelerates only the external display just fine. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@senpai_briguy, Keep trying different EXE files within the game/app folder until you find one that uses the the eGPU for loopback acceleration. For example, assigning the launcher to use the High-performance GPU doesn't mean the game itself will use the High-performance GPU.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Senpai_Briguy
(@senpai_briguy)

@itsage, thanks, I did some more digging and Starcraft works through the internal display...sort of. I get a lot of distortion and the screen is locked to the top left corner but task manager says the egpu is being used. Have you seen this before?

IMG 0173
IMG 0175 (1)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote