Notifications
Clear all

Parallels 5700 XT driver update  

RSS

Darren Edwards
(@darren_edwards)

Hey gang,

I have the AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT in my 2019 mac. I'm also using Parallels for Windows and gaming. When I try to play Foundation on it, I get a "Fail to load OpenGL profile 4.3". My supported version is 3.3 ATI-4.6.20  I went to AMD website to download it but I can't find a spot for mac. I need the update to 4.3 to play the game. Anyone know how I go about this?

Thanks in advance,

Darren

This topic was modified 1 month ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@darren_edwards, I don't believe virtualization in macOS would expose the PCIe connection. Did you contact Parallels and see what their advice is?

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nu_ninja
(@nu_ninja)
Reputable Member

Yeah @darren_edwards the parallels vm only supports opengl 3 and directx 11 so the issue is with parallels. Maybe try running it with wine (or Crossover, the commercial version of wine from codeweavers)?

Mid-2012 13" Macbook Pro (MacBookPro9,2) TB1 -> RX 460/560 (AKiTiO Node/Thunder2)
+ macOS 10.15+Win10 + Linux Mint 19.1

2012 13" MacBook Pro [3rd,2C,M] + RX 460 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.14.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Darren Edwards
(@darren_edwards)

@itsage, No. I read other posts stating Parallels support sucked with no outcome for the same issues.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Darren Edwards
(@darren_edwards)

@nu_ninja, I will look into that.

ReplyQuote