Radeon RX 6800 XT for Mac
A) 2020 MacBook Pro, i7-1068NG7, 32GB RAM, 1TB, EGPU Razer Core X, Nitro+ RX5700 xt 8Gb, Samsung 49 1440p UltraWide C49RG
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7, Internal Bootcamp Windows 10 2004 pci.sys swap.
B) 2.7 GHz I7 4 Cores, 16Gb, 1TB MBP 13 2018 TB3 , EGPU Razer Core X, Nitro+ RX5700 xt 8Gb, LG 32UK550
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2, Ext SSD Windows 10 1903 V1 .295
@spencer_shulem, nah, I'm doing it the way you suggested (direct connection from gpu to display) but TB3 still underperforms by around 5-30% depending on the game, settings etc. compared to PCI Express even when connected this way according to just about every benchmark out there.
MacBook Pro 16" 2019 with 5300M dGPU running Bootcamp Windows10v1903
1. Download Windows 10 v1903 build 180362 & Install via Bootcamp assistant without internet (offline mode, no wifi setup). (You can find a download link for specific Windows version here: https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php )
2. Disable Windows Updates via services.msc by stoppping the Update Service (start -> run -> services.msc -> Windows update stop and disable)
2. Install bootcamp drivers and restart
3. Go online / configure wifi
4. Download latest bootcampdrivers.com (Adrenalin November 2020 edition (20.11.2 WHQL)) ->
remove amd GPU drivers and disable windows driver updates and restart.
amd drivers install and restart.
5. Follow the installation process here https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/macbook-pro-16-windows-egpu-error-12-fix/
Hopefully adding some benchmarks soon.
Poor performance in the "Assassin's Creed Valhalla" test. It may be related to the external SSD.
Hi, Thanks for your post!
As I am very new to this, I have a few questions if you dont mind...
1, Is (Win10 1903 + no updates) absolutely necessary?
2, I am assuming you are using a reference card? How is fitment and heat?
3, Which bootcampdrivers.com drivers are you using the red or blue? I have had a lot of issues using them on the RP5500M, with it crashing all the time in games.
@adef-rever, Thanks for the post.
is performance okay? did you test it in depth?
@alberto_esteban, the recommended PSU wattage of GPU's is for whole systems, not just the GPU. The total power draw (TDP) of na RX6800XT is 300W so any PSU above that should be fine... (most will prob recommend 550W min as comfy head room to allow for spikes and to not run a PSU at full pelt).
2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10
@eightarmedpet, Cheers man! I was getting confused with all the comments trying to upgrade the power supply.
That´s great news. Thanks for adding some clarity.
Do you meet error Code 12?
According to the discussions in https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/macbook-pro-16-windows-egpu-error-12-fix/
The Razer Core X Chroma does not have the Code 12 error and for MBP16 you also don't need to swap ports or use any software mods or hacks.