Notifications
Clear all

Replacing 130mm custom gpu fan  

RSS

furfix
(@furfix)

Hi guys,

I have a RTX2070 Gaming Box and Im moving from laptop to desktop, so Im wondering if you know if there is any 120mm fan in the market that could replace the 130mm gpu fan, without doing mods or things lile that. Ive tried to install it with the stock fun, but it hits the motherboard.

thanks in advance!

ff

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@furfix, You can get a vertical GPU kit and that should give the 130mm fan plenty of clearance in the case.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
furfix
(@furfix)

@itsage, i cant find those in my country and i think are little expensive. i was hoping to find any other fan, and just swap it until i could sell the gaming box and buy a normal gpu... but i will keep that option in mind.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
noveske
(@noveske)

@furfix, If you can still get by with the 120mm, get a 130mm to 120mm adapter or make one. 3d print or use plexi/lexan to make a thing bracket. 

2018 Intel NUC8i7BEH [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote