XPS 7590 i9 + ASUS ROG STRIX PG279Q - HELP!

Notifications
Clear all

XPS 7590 i9 + ASUS ROG STRIX PG279Q - HELP!  

RSS

Adrian Hodge
(@adrian_hodge)

G'day community!

I have a serious battle on my hands, and need some of your expertise if I may!

I am trying to work out whether I will it is worth entering with eGPU world with my current set up.  I feel like I might be a great candidate

LAPTOP:

XPS 7590

i9 9980HK 

32GB RAM

1TB SSD

+GTX1650 (I believe not wired to the external ports so cannot use it with my G-Sync monitor!)

+ThunderBolt 3 connection

MONITOR:

ASUS ROG STRIX PG279Q 

IPS, G-Sync compatible.

My intention is to play 1440p Call of Duty titles and other relatively graphics intentive titles, whilst still maintaining the portability of this beastly laptop.

I am looking at Razer Chroma X + RTX 2070 Super for my set up - at roughly AUD$1500.

This is a decent outlay for what may be a questionable improvement in FPS and gaming quality.

What would you all do in my circumstance? For another AUD$1000 I could build a beastly machine however I feel as though I have already spend $3300 on this i9 9980HK beast, that I might be able to get the best of both worlds out of an eGPU.

Any advice or experience with these set ups would be incredibly valuable and greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote