mid-2017 15" Macbook Pro RP560 + GTX1080ti@32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + Win10 [Tony Blanco]
Mid-2017 15″ MacBook Pro | i7-7920HQ 3.1GHz (7th Gen) | 16GB RAM | 2TB SSD
Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB (Games Files) | Satechi Type C Aluminum SSD Enclosure
dGPU: Radeon Pro 560 4GB
iGPU: Intel® HD Graphics 630
Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
27″ LG IPS Monitor ColourPrime (27EA83-B)
Sonnet Breakaway Box 550W TB3
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix 11GB
BootCamp Windows 10
Setup 1: 2560×1440 Monitor -> DisplayPort -> GTX 980
Each side’s TB3 ports are hosted by an individual TB3 controller. So the USB-C SSD enclosure allocated it on the bottom left TB3 port, while my eGPU is on the bottom right TB3 port to maximize bandwidth for each.
- Plug the eGPU and External SSD/HDD on opposite sides of the MBP to achieve “good load balancing of high bandwidth traffic” ( @nando4 )
- Log in to Windows (With all the Bootcamp drivers already installed)
- Plug the breakaway box, with the GPU installed, on any of the TB3 ports
- Wait for Windows to recognize the eGPU and let it Auto-Install the drivers (Follow this procedure with Device Manager)
- After it’s done, download and install the latest drivers for your specific eGPU
- Restart your laptop
- The eGPU should be working 100%!!! Even with the laptop lid closed.
Simulation Benchmarks (No OC)
Gaming Benchmarks (No OC)
- Battlefield 4 @ 1440p Ultra Settings (DX11): Avg ? / Min ? / Max ?
- Battlefield 1 @ 1440p Ultra Settings (DX11): Avg ? / Min ? / Max ?
- Battlefield 1 @ 1440p Ultra Settings (DX12): Avg ? / Min ? / Max ?
- Metro Last Light Benchmark @ 1440p Max Settings: Avg ? / Min ? / Max ?
- Far Cry 4 @ 1440p Custom Maxed Out: Avg ? / Min ? / Max ?
- Borderlands Pre-Sequel @ 1440p Max Settings: Avg ? / Min ? / Max ?
GeekBench4 (No OC)
- CPU/GPU Open CL(GTX 1080ti)
CineBench R15 (No OC)
- Trying to connect the Apple Thunderbolt Display with an adaptor to the DisplayPort on the GPU
- Without utilizing many of the techniques described in this forum, I wasn’t able to get my Apple Thunderbolt Display to be driven by the GPU while connected to any of the TB3 ports. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Can you post what version of osx you are running with bootcamp? Can you also [post what build of windows you are running? Did you update to the creators edition before doing this?
Amazing that it was so easy for you! I had no luck with my 2016 MBP, but now I switched to the 2017 and will see how I go. My hardware is identical.