So, this thread is for showing off your amazing desk setups! The more pics the merrier and everything goes!
"Dire Wolf II" - HP ZBook 15 G4: Core i7-7820HQ, 32GB, M1200 dGPU, R9 Fury@32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) eGPU, HP Z27q (5K) + Dell P2715Q (4K)
"Timber Wolf" - HP Spectre x360: Core i7-8550U, 16GB, GTX1050Ti@16Gbps-TB3>TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2), Dell U3011
"Stormcrow" - Lenovo T430s: Core i7-3520M, 8GB, GTX750Ti@10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) eGPU, Sony 4K TV
"Phoenix Hawk" - Intel NUC 33217CK: Core i3-3217U, 8GB, GTX670@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03) + Linux Mint 18.2 (64-bit)
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."
Unfortunately, the only pictures I have right now are awful.
- Dell XPS 15 9550 (i5/FHD)
- Dell TB15 (open, with a USB fan to keep the DP hubs cool)
- LG 27UD58 (27″ IPS 4K, well worth the money)
- Logitech G710+ Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown, a bunch of replaced keycaps because the originals fell off)
- Logitech G700 Mouse (usually left plugged in)
- Logitech C920 Webcam (can you see I like Logitech?)
- Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II (overkill because I only use them for Skype)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S (I wish I spend the extra for the -X)
- a bunch of hubs and messy wiring
- a monitor riser made out of books
- a not very good cooling pad
When I need to go somewhere, I just disconnect the Thunderbolt cable and bring my “desktop” with me. No eGPU yet, but I’ve already cleared a space for it.