eGPU and Oculus Rift
I bought a Mantiz Venus to work as eGPU for my Razer Blade Stealth. It worked out-of-the-box to accelerate the internal screen (no external monitor connected).
What I want it to do, is let it work with my Oculus Rift, and I had no luck yet getting this to work.
I try to use it as an all-in-one hub, connecting:
- Oculus Rift via hdmi+usb 3.0
- 2 sensors on usb 3.0
- 1 sensor on usb 2.0 (actually the cable is usb 2.0, the port is 3.0).
Graphic card is a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, and it seems to work properly: I could run the Steam VR test (score: 11), so this seems promising.
There is some stuff going on, but I cannot really pinpoint what's wrong:
- Sometimes HDMI connects succesfully
- Sometimes it looses connection
- I got an error once: not enough usb controller resources
- In my list of devices, I get 2 or 3 HID-devices that get a warning sign every couple of seconds.
- When trying to do the setup of the Rift, it detects the sensor, then gives an error message before it can complete the sensor setup.
Thanks for any advice!