titan RTX asus ROG G701VI razer core enclosure problem

Notifications
Clear all

titan RTX asus ROG G701VI razer core enclosure problem  

RSS

kremiansky
(@kremiansky)

Hi there,

I have an asus ROG G701VI with 64 ram, nvidia gtx 1080, i7-6820HK cpu, windows 10 pro 64, I updated my thundebolt driver and I tried plugging into my thunderbolt port the razer core enclosure with Titan RTX inside, and this is what happened:

1. The card started working, and in the device manager it prompted me to update the driver. I did follow the windows way first of automatically search for drivers online, and after a restart my windows was freezing at logging in screen. The only solution after trying half a dozen restarts and running troubleshoot or trying to restore to restore point was to reinstall the windows, and I've lost all my apps :/

2. I've started with fresh windows and no nvidia drivers (yay?) and I went to nvidia's website, downloaded titan rtx's driver, installed it, restarted, and in the device manager it was recognized but disabled as there was some "problem with it" I think it was error 04.

3. my friend tried using the nvidia experience, and nothing happened.

4. I hit the automatically search for drivers online, just for fun, and guess what- had to reinstall my windows again.

Did anyone manage to use a titan rtx as a eGPU, and do you think I'm missing some important step here?

Thank you!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

I believe the error code you encountered was 43 – drivers could not load. My recommendation is to run DDU to remove all Nvidia graphics drivers as well as disable Windows auto detection and drivers installation of new devices (in DDU Options). Proceed to download and install the latest drivers for the RTX Titan.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

The latest Nvidia mobile and desktop drivers error 43 their respective counterparts when trying to run them as a unified driver.

The error 43 fix to run the desktop card in a Geforce dGPU + eGPU configuration is:

1. In Device Manager->Display adapters. Highlight Display Adapters -> [mobile Geforce – GTX 1080 here ]

2. Select View -> Devices by Connection.

3. Directly above the dGPU will be a PCIe Port. Right-click disable it after which the dGPU will disappear.

4. Uninstall all NVidia drivers, then install the desktop drivers.

Also, the latest Nvidia desktop drivers do not provide Optimus acceleration. Instead, use Windows 10 1803+ hybrid graphics to eGPU accelerate the internal LCD. Details at:

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/windows-10-spring-update-1803-and-bootcamp-egpu-for-macs/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
kremiansky
(@kremiansky)

Thanks for the replies, I'll try again and will let you know!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote