Share:

15" MBPtb RP460 | Razer Core | GTX 1080: eGPU NOT DETECTED!  

RSS

QuadX
(@quadx)
April 12, 2017 9:13 pm  

I have 15″ MBPtb with RP460 | Razer Core | GTX 1080. I did TB3 enabler and automate-eGPU script. automate-eGPU detected the GTX1080 and installed 378 webdriver. I reboot after running the script but MacOS is not detecting the GPU. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT 4/13: I'm adding screenshots for more information:

Screen Shot 2017 04 13 at 8.49.53 AM
Screen Shot 2017 04 13 at 8.49.33 AM
Screen Shot 2017 04 13 at 8.48.42 AM
Screen Shot 2017 04 13 at 8.48.10 AM
Screen Shot 2017 04 13 at 8.45.05 AM

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

blackdoo996
(@blackdoo996)
April 13, 2017 3:30 am  

I am also now, I can use it for the first time, but do not know how the matter can not be used now

IMG 1236
fullsizeoutput 32f

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Mgear1981
(@mgear1981)
Eminent Member
April 13, 2017 6:04 am  

well please discribe some more?

1. What external closure are you using ?

2. Did you try to use disable monitor ? (url: https://github.com/Eun/DisableMonitor)

3. what problems are you more experiencing ?

This way more people around here can help you

Best regards,

Harm

ReplyQuote
QuadX
(@quadx)
April 13, 2017 6:15 am  
Posted by: Mgear1981

well please discribe some more?

1. What external closure are you using ?

2. Did you try to use disable monitor ? (url: https://github.com/Eun/DisableMonitor)

3. what problems are you more experiencing ?

This way more people around here can help you

Best regards,

Harm

1. I'm using the Razer Core

2. I had not heard of disable monitor, I'll give it a shot.

3. I'm not getting any errors with tb3 enabler or automate-egpu. When running the automate-egpu, the script correctly detects the gtx 1080 and installs webdriver 378. But after reboot, I go to "About Mac" and the 1080 is not listed and I get no signal to the external monitor connected to the 1080.

laszlogo liked
ReplyQuote
QuadX
(@quadx)
April 13, 2017 1:30 pm  

How do I tell if maybe MacOS is recognizing the Razer Core but not the GPU inside the Core once rebooting?

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
April 13, 2017 2:21 pm  
Posted by: QuadX

How do I tell if maybe MacOS is recognizing the Razer Core but not the GPU inside the Core once rebooting?

Look at System Information. The AKiTiO Node should show "Supported" in the Thunderbolt tree. Graphics/Displays show the connected graphics cards and displays.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

94 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
QuadX
(@quadx)
April 13, 2017 5:00 pm  
Posted by: theitsage

Posted by: QuadX

Look at System Information. The AKiTiO Node should show "Supported" in the Thunderbolt tree. Graphics/Displays show the connected graphics cards and displays.

I'm using a Razer Core. This is what I see in System Information:

Screen Shot 2017 04 13 at 8.48.10 AM

ReplyQuote
Eason85
(@eason85)
Eminent Member
April 13, 2017 5:22 pm  

Is the card installed properly? All the power cables are connected? Can you test the core with another computer with TB3?

edit: can you use gfxstatus to force the external GPU to be used? Does it get detected at all? Does it work in Windows?

ReplyQuote
QuadX
(@quadx)
April 13, 2017 5:27 pm  
Posted by: Eason85

Is the card installed properly? All the power cables are connected? Can you test the core with another computer with TB3?

As mentioned in the OP, automate-eGPU detects the GTX 1080. So I am led to believe it is installed correctly. Also, the GPU fans spin and the LEDs on the GPU light up. Everything seems to point to a correctly installed GPU. I also tested it on a DELL XPS 9550 and it worked on that.

ReplyQuote
QuadX
(@quadx)
April 14, 2017 4:25 pm  

So in searching through these forums I found several others that are having issues with the Razer Core and MacOS consistently recognizing that a eGPU is installed in the thunderbolt device. MacOS DOES recognize the Razer Core on every boot, but most of the time the OS doesn't see the GPU installed in the Core. I however was never able to get the OS to see the GTX 1080 fully recognized. The furthest I got was for the system report to see a "Nvidia Chip Model".  From what I can tell on the forums (haven't tried this myself yet), the Razer Core seems to work constantly in Windows. So it really seems to be an issue with the MacOS. Because, the Razer Core isn't the only TB3 enclosure experiencing these issues.

ReplyQuote