16" 2019 MBP/Mantiz Venus/ 5700XT Help

Notifications
Clear all

16" 2019 MBP/Mantiz Venus/ 5700XT Help  

RSS

Atracksler
(@atracksler)

Hi Guys, 

I had previously been using my Mantiz Venus with a GTX1080 NS MY 2015 MBP. I just got a new 2019 16" and sine Octane now supports AMD, I've upgraded to Catalina, and just received a new 5700XT.

I have installed the card into the Venus and plugged in the Ethernet, a USB Drive, and the thunderbolt cable. Nothing happened.

I am able to charge the MBP with the venus, so that is at least working.

I have tried with an external monitor plugged into the HDMI output of the card, and that does nothing.

There are no lights inside or spinning fans on the card.

I have plugged the venus directly into all 4 thunderbolt ports, and all of them have a popup that says "Cannot Use Thunderbolt Accessory, Connect accessory using a Thunderbold capable cable"

I am using the thundrrbolt cable from the apple power supply.  

I have also tried plugging the venus into a TB hub and plugging that into the MBP

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks, ad

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ozzy
 ozzy
(@ozzy)
Estimable Member

I think the Apple power supply cable is just a USB-C power cable, not a thunderbolt cable. You'll have to connect the enclosure to your new MBP with a Thunderbolt 3 cable, then everything should work

2012 15" MacBook Pro Retina (GT650M) [3rd,4C,Q] + GTX 1070 @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Atracksler
(@atracksler)

@ozzy, That did it Thanks!!!!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote