Setup & Software Discussions
Akitio Thunderbolt 3 unsupported - GT750m 2013 MBP+Akitio node +TB3TB2 adopter+1...

Akitio Thunderbolt 3 unsupported - GT750m 2013 MBP+Akitio node +TB3TB2 adopter+1060  

RSS

jzn2008
(@jzn2008)

Hello everyone, I've bought the Akitio node and TB3<->TB2 adopter(apple official), and 1060 6GB, when I connected my old MBP with TB2 cable to node, it displayed 'Akitio Thunderbolt 3 unsupported' . So I tried to unblock the TB3 according to the guide, but it reminded me 'unknown file ,won't back up' and I cannot do next.

Who can offer me a guide about this? I read other masters' guide but not mention this item. So I am puzzled and don't know what to do next, is there anyone who succeed? Thanks very much.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Have you had a look at existing GT750M MBP eGPU implementations? https://egpu.io/external-gpu-implementations-table/?table_filter=%22Mac%20GT750M%22#search .  Your system has a TB2 controller so cannot be enabled to run at TB3 speed.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + macOS 10.13.6 & Win10

ReplyQuote
jzn2008
(@jzn2008)

Thanks for your reply, I've read about it but I am puzzled because it didn't mention my issue. Additionally, I know TB2's speed is 20gb/s but why it displays 'akitio TB3 box-unsupported'? This is same as 2016 MBP with TB3, should I ignore this and run script according to the implementation?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
gtosi
(@gtosi)
Eminent Member

OP, do you have Akitio Node or Akitio Thunder3? At least with Akitio Node it is simple with goalque autmate gpu script, just follow the implementations that nando4 linked to.

ReplyQuote
jzn2008
(@jzn2008)

These pictures above are the display after connecting to node...

ReplyQuote
gtosi
(@gtosi)
Eminent Member

The screenshot says Akitio Thunder3, but the thread title says Akitio Node. Just make sure when you follow the implementation guides to find one with the Thunder3 (if that is what you have..).

ReplyQuote