Setup & Software Discussions
2016 MacBook Pro 13in w/o touch bar + Akitio Node + GTX 1070 Founder's Edition

2016 MacBook Pro 13in w/o touch bar + Akitio Node + GTX 1070 Founder's Edition  

RSS

Joeblas
(@joeblas)

My Akitio Node arrived today and I'm stoked!

I had no problem getting things to work on macOS but for some reason, Windows is being stubborn. I'm trying to find a straight to the point step-by-step guide in setting this thing up in Windows 10 Bootcamp onto an external monitor.

I boot into Windows > hot plug Node on start up > download Nvidia driver for Windows 10. What else do I need to do? Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
traceq
(@traceq)
Eminent Member

You may need to use a bootable USB key with apple_set_os.efi modified, look at the "[GUIDE] keeping egpu activated when booting into windows"

Maybe you can also tell us more precisely what is happening if that still doesn't work

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Joeblas
(@joeblas)

So I set up a bootable USB and it was working fine earlier. About 12 hours later I power on my Mac > go to the boot menu > select they usb drive > and then it just boots right into macOS and not Windows.

Any reason as to why it would do this even if it was working earlier?

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

Posted by: joeblas

So I set up a bootable USB and it was working fine earlier. About 12 hours later I power on my Mac > go to the boot menu > select they usb drive > and then it just boots right into macOS and not Windows.

Any reason as to why it would do this even if it was working earlier?

You have to set your boot drive to Windows in macOS for the USB stick to boot into Windows. This will be required if your default boot drive is set to macOS - you will have to change that.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.shautomate-eGPU EFI Installer
2018 MacBook Pro 15" RP560X + Vega 64 [Sonnet Breakaway 350 -> 600W]

itsage and Joeblas liked
ReplyQuote
Joeblas
(@joeblas)

I see. It's working now. Thanks!    

ReplyQuote