Setup & Software Discussions
2018 13in MBP + RX 580 8GB + Akitio Node 3 gpu not detected

2018 13in MBP + RX 580 8GB + Akitio Node 3 gpu not detected  

RSS

(@jay_shinde)

Hi, this is my first post on here!

I recently just bought a Sapphire RX 580GB and Akitio Node 3 to pair with my 2018 13in MacBook Pro on MacOs Mojave 10.14. I connected the hdmi cable from the GPU to the external monitor and connected the thunderbolt 3 cable from the housing to my MacBook. On first attempt nothing happened so I went ahead and ran the Automate egpu script. Even after that there was no detection of my gpu, however my Akitio Node 3 was detected as shown in the link. Is there anything else I can do? Should I consider getting a Sonnet Breakaway box instead? Is it a problem with the gpu? My setup does not work with bootcamp either.

https://imgur.com/a/MpHR3lA

Here is my PCI info 

https://imgur.com/a/10VSZcq

This topic was modified 6 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

@jay_shinde that is a natively supported configuration and does not need any scripts. Also automate-eGPU.sh is for Sierra or older versions. Assuming appropriately assembled hardware, most likely the GPU is dead.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.shautomate-eGPU EFI Installer
2018 MacBook Pro 15" RP560X + RX 5700 XT (Mantiz Venus)

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
(@jay_shinde)

I’ll go ahead and test the gpu in another system. The result should tell me whether or not it is indeed dead

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
h4wk590
(@h4wk590)

How is this setup with Win 10/Ubuntu? Thinking getting one.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T480s(i5 8250u, 24gb RAM) eGPU: Akitio Node (MSI RX580 8GB)This setup is pending..

ReplyQuote
ChrisH
(@chrish)

Hi @jay_shinde , have you found a solution? I'm having the same problem at the moment. Thanks for a reply!

Razer Core X; GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 580 nitro+ OC; MacBook Pro 13-inch (late 2013); not working currently

ReplyQuote