2019 15" MacBook Pro (under macOS) + Razer Core X Chroma + USB Audio card + active Speakers ans Subwoofer : NOISE ISSUE
As explained in the title, I have an USB audio card (PreSonus Studio 1810, plugged in the right MBP's side) with active subwoofer and speakers.
Since a few days, I noticed some noise when doing nothing with my MBP. Searched where it comes from : the noise is from my Subwoofer 🙁
When I play music, noise is still here.
The ONLY way to get rid of this ANNOYING noise is to plug the USB card in one USB port of the Chroma X BUT... Audio stutters when I move mouse, when I type on the keyboard (In Safari for example), or, still with Safari, when I browse web pages and so on...
SO, PLUGGING THE USB CARD IN ONE USB PORT OF THE CHROMA X IS UNUSABLE !!!
What I did :
- Changed the USB cable of the sound card : still noisy
- Plugged the USB Audio card in other Thunderbolt 3 ports : still noisy
- Changed USB adapter : still noisy
- Changed the Thunderbolt 3 cable : still noisy
- Tried with my second Razer X Chroma (for BootCamp, Nvidia card) : still noisy.
It used to work fine before (I think... ), and I'm SURE it was OK with my Razer Core X.
I need your help you gurus !
I forgot to mention that I did give a try with that : still noise.
As soon as I disconnect the external GPU in macOS, the noise stops...
If any of you have ideas, please let me know.