2019 15" MacBook Pro (under macOS) + Razer Core X Chroma + USB Audio card + acti...

Notifications

2019 15" MacBook Pro (under macOS) + Razer Core X Chroma + USB Audio card + active Speakers ans Subwoofer : NOISE ISSUE  

RSS

Nadstaky
(@nadstaky)
Eminent Member

Hello all,

As explained in the title, I have an USB audio card (PreSonus Studio 1810, plugged in the right MBP's side) with active subwoofer and speakers.

Since a few days, I noticed some noise when doing nothing with my MBP. Searched where it comes from : the noise is from my Subwoofer 🙁

When I play music, noise is still here.

The ONLY way to get rid of this ANNOYING noise is to plug the USB card in one USB port of the Chroma X BUT... Audio stutters when I move mouse, when I type on the keyboard (In Safari for example), or, still with Safari, when I browse web pages and so on...

SO, PLUGGING THE USB CARD IN ONE USB PORT OF THE CHROMA X IS UNUSABLE !!!

What I did :

- Changed the USB cable of the sound card : still noisy

- Plugged the USB Audio card in other Thunderbolt 3 ports : still noisy

- Changed USB adapter : still noisy

- Changed the Thunderbolt 3 cable : still noisy

- Tried with my second Razer X Chroma (for BootCamp, Nvidia card) : still noisy.

It used to work fine before (I think... ), and I'm SURE it was OK with my Razer Core X.

I need your help you gurus !

Thanks,

Eric

2019 15" MacBook Pro Radeon Pro R560X Core i9
Razer Core X Chroma + Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary 8 Go (Win10 + Catalina)
Dell UltraSharp U3818DW

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

Use a USB hub or dock or Thunderbolt dock?

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
Nadstaky
(@nadstaky)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I forgot to mention that I did give a try with that : still noise.

As soon as I disconnect the external GPU in macOS, the noise stops...

If any of you have ideas, please let me know.

Razer Core X Chroma + Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary 8 Go (Win10 + Catalina)
Dell UltraSharp U3818DW

ReplyQuote
JamesDev
(@jamesdev)

Have you resolved it? I got the same issue with external DAC - Focusrite 2i2

My rigs: MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - Razer Core X + Asus STRIX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote
Nadstaky
(@nadstaky)
Eminent Member

@jamesDev

I have resolved the issue : I have a ground switch on my SubWoofer : I removed ground and now no noise anymore

Dell UltraSharp U3818DW

ReplyQuote