MacBook Pro 15" 2015 (late), macOS 10.12.6, Akitio Node Thunderbolt 3, ASUS GFX ...

Notifications
Clear all

MacBook Pro 15" 2015 (late), macOS 10.12.6, Akitio Node Thunderbolt 3, ASUS GFX 1080TI, Samsung 40" UHD Monitor  

RSS

rotrier
(@rotrier)

Macbook Pro 15" 2015 (late), macOS 10.12.6, Akitio Node Thunderbolt 3, ASUS GFX 1080TI, Samsung 40" UHD Monitor

Hello,

I've been banging my head against the brick wall for two straight weeks, you will be noticing my grammar may be seriously fu** -up. So, please forgive me.

I have the set up here trying to get my external monitor to work. I've followed most of the setup posted here on eGPU.io but having NO success.

I am running automate-eGPU.sh and WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01.pkg on my macOS (10.12.6). The system information/display does recognize the external monitor is there. I can't display video any higher than 1080i or 720.

In Windows 10, I have no trouble. 4k at 60hz. At time it was a bit laggy? Most noticeably, the HTC Vive running SteamVR.

What I'm hoping to get out of this is someone to guide me through fixing the macOS external monitor running and the lagging in windows 10.

Much appreciated
- RT

oh, how can I add images to this post to display my screen captures.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

Tw1ser liked
ReplyQuote