MacBook pro 15’ 2016 / Venus / Rx 580 problems in use mac high sierra

Notifications
Clear all

MacBook pro 15’ 2016 / Venus / Rx 580 problems in use mac high sierra  

RSS

charlienovember
(@charlienovember)

Good evening 

I have received today my Egou enclosure; Manta Venus ; I run an Rx 580 8 gb under mac os high sierra

I don’t use miroring and my egpu is linked via an hdmi cable to a display

When I use lightroom ; He tell me rx 580 so ok it seems to work; however the performamces are quiet the same ; 

When I use X plane 11 ; the performances are the same; Final cut pro idem etc…

My egpu is not used ; Mac os use instead of the external gpu the internal gpu; I found for only solution to disable the internal display…

This solution is not the best ; the macbook enter sometimes in sleep mode and impossible to leave the mode ; I need to force my macbook to shut down ;/

Have you the same problem ? Is there a solution ?

Best regards 

Charles

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

Do you select external display as the primary?

are you running apps in the external display?

MacBook Pro 13" 2020 Touch Bar M1 8-core CPU 8-core GPU - 16GB unified memory - 512GB PCIe SSD
MacBook Pro 13" 2020 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.3Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB PCIe SSD

my awesome Radeon VII eGPU
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
charlienovember
(@charlienovember)

Well I didn t select the exfernal display as primary ; selection or the bar in preference ans moo ing it to the external display ? 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
s3rl0l
(@s3rl0l)

same problem

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/egpu-is-working-but-osx-is-prioritizing-internal-graphics-not-actually-utilizing-the-nvidia-egpu-retina-15-inch-mbp-2017-aorus-gaming-box-1070/

ReplyQuote
charlienovember
(@charlienovember)

Yep ; is it due to an update in 13.2 ?

Final cut pro ; same problem …

ReplyQuote
charlienovember
(@charlienovember)

https://www.imore.com/how-use-your-apple-vr-dev-kit-egpu-enclosure-separate-display

I have follow the procedure written on the article  ; all the app are on full screen mode; 

I have Istat to know if the rx 460 is use instead of the 580

ReplyQuote