MacBook Pro Radeon 460 + Razer Core w/980ti FTW (a few questions)

Notifications
Clear all

MacBook Pro Radeon 460 + Razer Core w/980ti FTW (a few questions)  

RSS

migle
(@migle)

So by following the guide on reddit I got it working in both macOS and Windows 10.

For macOS:

I have to boot with it plugged in, but everything runs pretty smoothly... I think. It shows both dGPU and eGPU loaded under iStat menus. I imagine the eGPU runs the two external displays I have plugged in and the dGPU runs the internal. Removing the eGPU crashes macOS and you must reboot.

For Windows 10:

I have to boot with it plugged in as well, however once it boots it is hot pluggable. I just did the DSDT override and the extra memory is reallocated to the eGPU. At this point I'm having an issue however. My audio card does not work. I have to disable it reboot and enable it. Which is pretty annoying considering I have to do it every time I want to use the core. Another issue is that it requires being in Test Mode, which in order to run some programs (I'm looking at you H1Z1) is not possible. In other words I cannot use my core to play it, which is pretty annoying to say the least.

So my questions are:

Can I get the core running another way under bootcamp windows? is there a better method?

Is this method for running on macOS the best method as well? It seems to work just fine but being able to hot plug it would be ideal. Should the dGPU be deactivated when I connect the core?

Thanks for the help in advance everyone here and I really appreciate it! (sorry for being such a noob)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

To avoid using test signing mode you'd need a pre-boot DSDT injection mechanism to overwrite the in-memory version. That's possible with eGPU Setup 1.30 software if using MBR partitions. Your system uses GPT so would need to be done via say Clover bootloader. This looks like the easiest guide on how to do that:  https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dsdt-with-clover.188393/

Haven't had any feedback yet on anybody doing that, so if you try pls report your results.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

migle liked
ReplyQuote
migle
(@migle)

Ok I'm a little slow since this is my first time with all of this. Idk if you linked the wrong thread but all I'm supposed to do is download clover and place the DSDT inside that new folder and thats it? Also will that fix my audio issues? It seems the person in that thread had the same issue is it related?

OFF TOPIC: can I setup the forum to notify me when I get a reply to this Thread?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
migle
(@migle)

Posted by: nando4

To avoid using test signing mode you'd need a pre-boot DSDT injection mechanism to overwrite the in-memory version. That's possible with eGPU Setup 1.30 software if using MBR partitions. Your system uses GPT so would need to be done via say Clover bootloader. This looks like the easiest guide on how to do that:  https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dsdt-with-clover.188393/

Haven't had any feedback yet on anybody doing that, so if you try pls report your results.

Sorry to post again but can you please help?

ReplyQuote
reccy
(@reccy)

Needing to shut down completely and boot with the Core plugged in is quite an annoying inconvenience. 

If anyone cracks discovers a way to hot-plug it without Mac OS freezing, be sure to let us know.

ReplyQuote