MacBookPro (13” 2017 Touch Bar) + Sonnet 650W + GIGABYTE VEGA RX 64 OC GAMING 8G

Notifications
Clear all

MacBookPro (13” 2017 Touch Bar) + Sonnet 650W + GIGABYTE VEGA RX 64 OC GAMING 8G  

of  2
  RSS

skarhen
(@skarhen)

UPDATE
Definitely I returned the gigabyte rx 64 Gaming OC 8GB. Too many problems with my Mac and in many forums is explained that this GPU (Vega 65 and 56) comes factory defective most of the times. The store gave me the reason about the defects of the GPU and I have requested a replacement for the Sapphire Nitro + Radeon RX Vega64 8GB HBM2 which runs perfectly with the sonnet 650w as is said in this post. For future readers of ths thread, I definitely do not recommend the Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 8GB: too risky.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member

It works perfect in my Mantiz Venus and without any single problem, not risky at all. It is just noisy, but as most of the VEGAs...
But obviously yours, could be defective, but don't say risky, as you are not right to say it. Make sure your TB3 case is fine... otherwise you will repeat the situation with another card...

This post was modified 3 years ago
2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member

Changed to a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 (because the gigabyte was REALLY noisy), which still noisy but better... Pretty good so far.
And fits in the Mantiz with no modding!!

This post was modified 3 years ago
2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  2