Share:

A lot of crashing after last Nvidia update 2015 MBP Mantiz Venus 1080  

RSS

Atracksler
(@atracksler)
March 12, 2019 10:01 pm  

After I updated to Nvidia web driver 387.10.10.10.40.105, I have been having huge crashing issues when using my EGPU. 

It happens with Houdini, and in Premiere (when I plug and unplug headphones)

I've been using purge wrangler to run the EGPU. I plug it in when I get to the login screen. 

Is there a way to roll back the Nvidia web driver a few versions?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

omardesu
(@omardesu)
Eminent Member
March 13, 2019 6:09 am  

I believe the macos-eGPU script lets you specify a version of driver that you want to download/use.  I passed by this option while either trying to run the script or running the manual in iTerm.

edit:  found the github link for the script options.

https://github.com/learex/macOS-eGPU#packages

This post was modified 2 weeks ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Atracksler
(@atracksler)
March 13, 2019 11:40 am  

Should I uninstall purge wrangler? And then install macOS egpu?

ReplyQuote
omardesu
(@omardesu)
Eminent Member
March 14, 2019 2:08 am  

I think I've tried that before and it should be ok.  Just go into purge-wrangler and then uninstall everything.  Reboot and then run macos-eGPU script which I think would put you in the same spot as before but with the older drivers you specify.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote