Akitio Node + XFX RX 580 8gb macOS not working

Notifications
Clear all

Akitio Node + XFX RX 580 8gb macOS not working  

RSS

Tryfon Theophilopoulos
(@tryfon_theophilopoulos)

Works in windows but not macOS, not sure why. Using same enclosure I was using with my RX 570 which worked flawlessly in macOS but upgraded and now it’s not working. I attached photos of how it recognizes in windows and macOS although I just get a black screen on macOS.

Forgot to mention, this is a MacBook Pro 16 inch on newest version of Big Sur. RX 570 was plug and play

This topic was modified 4 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Tryfon Theophilopoulos

I wiped my MacBook Pro clean and issue still persists. I placed my RX 570 back into the enclosure and this is what it said (notice the difference between the RX 570 and RX 580). Can’t find anything about this issue ever occurring on the internet. https://imgur.com/a/wuPyZjw

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@tryfon_theophilopoulos, Many XFX cards have vBIOS that are not macOS compatible. The common solution is to find a Sapphire vBIOS with matching memory brand to flash over in Windows. 

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Tryfon Theophilopoulos

@itsage, thank you for this advice, is there any tutorial for this? I’m not entirely sure how to do it.

ReplyQuote
Tryfon Theophilopoulos

@itsage bump

ReplyQuote