Setup & Software Discussions
AMD VEGA 64 RAZER CORE X MacBook pro 2017 15" thunderbolt

[Solved] AMD VEGA 64 RAZER CORE X MacBook pro 2017 15" thunderbolt  

RSS

(@leonardo_gallardo)

So Yesterday I got my new setup with the Sapphire vega 64 and the razer core x.I first tried the guide to use it in bootcamp but till now I can not detect the graphic cards at all.Win10 detects the core x,but in Mac OS it doesnt work for me.So I just thought first trying it on Mac os to be sure that it would be detected.
Everytime i connect the enclosure I get a notification that I can not use this device and have to connect it to a thunderbolt port.Funny....I only got thunderbolt ports lol..Even on Mojave no plug and play possible...am I the only one to witness this problem?:(
I really want to thank everyone on this forum for their knowledge and passion on this topic.I am so stocked to get this done.

thank you

Specs:
Macbook pro 2017 15"
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3
i7 2,9   16GB RAM
dGpu Radeon Pro 560

Pending:Macbook Pro 2017 15" i7 2,9Ghz 16GB RAM Radeon Pro 560 , Razer Core X , AMD Sapphire Vega 64 my signature

ReplyQuote
(@kenny_godfried)

I also have a amd vega 56. but my system is not detecting the gpu. the fan of the razer core is working tho.

macOs mojave 10.14.5

i look forward for a fix.

greetings

This post was modified 1 month ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

@leonardo_gallardo this has been marked as solved - care sharing what the issue was?

@kenny_godfried things to check...

1. Cabling is correct and functioning
2. You've plugged everything in correctly
3. Hardware is not defective.

Pics can help...

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---