Setup & Software Discussions
AMD Vega FE same performance than dGPU AMD Radeon R9 M370X, Why?

AMD Vega FE same performance than dGPU AMD Radeon R9 M370X, Why?  

RSS

(@luis_angel_batista)

My SetUp: Macbook Pro Retina 15'' Mid 2015 Thunderbolt 2 dGPU: AMD Radeon R9 M370X
eGPU AMD Vega Frontier Edition on a Akitio Node Pro Thunderbolt 3

I use usually DaVinci Resolve for transcoding ProRes files and I see that when I set the dGPU AMD Radeon R9 M370X (2gb) the software do render at the same fps than when I set the eGPU AMD Vega Frontier Edition (16). Why? The Fontier card is more powerfull it should make render at double or more, I'm doing something wrong? any idea?
Thanks!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
amd
Robinson Eng
(@whatsarobinson)

Posted by: Luis Angel Batista

My SetUp: Macbook Pro Retina 15'' Mid 2015 Thunderbolt 2 dGPU: AMD Radeon R9 M370X
eGPU AMD Vega Frontier Edition on a Akitio Node Pro Thunderbolt 3

I use usually DaVinci Resolve for transcoding ProRes files and I see that when I set the dGPU AMD Radeon R9 M370X (2gb) the software do render at the same fps than when I set the eGPU AMD Vega Frontier Edition (16). Why? The Fontier card is more powerfull it should make render at double or more, I'm doing something wrong? any idea?
Thanks!

I think because the power supply on the Akitio Node Pro is not powerful enough. I have the same macbook pro and graphics card, except I'm using a Sonnet Breakaway Box 650. Works great!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote