Setup & Software Discussions
Aorus Gaming Box + RX570 ITX sometimes does not power on until unplugged all cab...

Aorus Gaming Box + RX570 ITX sometimes does not power on until unplugged all cables and plugged them back.  

RSS

(@sergey_lerg)

Hello.
5 month ago I installed RX570 ITX into Aorus Gaming Box (instead of RX580) and using it with mac mini 2018.
Since then I have a problem that sometimes the egpu does not power on, monitors stay black, but mac mini boots up macOS fine.

It is always fixed by disconnecting all the cables from the egpu and connecting them again.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
jisongkun
(@jisongkun)

normal behavior for this combo. you need to do hardware modification to fix this issue.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@sergey_lerg)

Posted by: @jisongkun

normal behavior for this combo. you need to do hardware modification to fix this issue.

Can you please point me to the required hardware modification?

ReplyQuote