automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

of  108
  RSS

Scensory
(@scensory)

@olecsp-ragde, I don’t think so because the whole point of having the EFI boot through an external drive is to not mess with the “original” system. Meaning you can remove the external drive and your system will be intact as if you never made any modifications to it for a GPU at all. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

2014 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.5 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Olecsp Ragde
(@olecsp-ragde)

@scensory, I think you got me wrong. I don't want to eliminate bootable USB drive, i just want to skip process after you click on usb drive ( pressing Q and choosing Windows ). Idea is : You start your MAC holding option key and you have inserted Automate-eGPU EFI USB drive. Then Boot startup windows appears with choices to boot Windows, MAC or USB drive. You press USB drive and windows boots. 

Thanks.

2016 13" MacBook Pro [6th,2C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + macOS 10.15.5 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Scensory
(@scensory)

@olecsp-ragde, oh ok. In that case, idk how to do that :/ sorry

2014 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.5 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
TheDarkPhoenix
(@thedarkphoenix)

Posted by: @goalque

@itsage Is it under "Boot" dict? For example:

<key>DefaultLoader</key>
<string>boot.efi</string>
<key>MacOSVolumeUUID</key>
<string>your unique Macintosh HD UUID here</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Preboot</string>

Quickly debugged apple_set_os.efi as well in EFI Shell. It returns "Could not set version". The current version is value 3 on a 2018 13" MBP. It might be worth to set only the vendor, and skip set_os_version.

I was lost until I saw this. Thank [email protected]

Who put a stop payment on my reality check

ReplyQuote
Eric12
(@eric12)

@goalque

I'm stuck to the OS selecting screen.

Screenshot

When I Load mac os it's works.

But when I Load Windows nothing happen (egpu plugged or unplugged)

My config :

Can someone can guide me please... Cry

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
dvdr
 dvdr
(@dvdr)

I saw this on MacWorld before I found this thread, so I followed the instructions there, which included the advice to open terminal and execute

Now execute the following commands in Terminal:

sudo pmset -a gpuswitch 2

sudo pmset -a gpuswitch 0

now, on my MacBook Pro Retina late 2013, running the latest version of Mojave, the processor has a full load on all cores and fans are spinning on full speed - whether I am using an eGPU or just booting the normal way from the main SSD.

Since the only thing, that changed for good are the two terminal commands, I want to revert this back to the original state - how do I do that?

Btw.: I really do not understand the TWO lines. Either, I change a value to “2” or to “0”, but not first to “2” and the immediately after that to “0” - or am I completely not understanding the concept?

Mac Mini 2018 (Mojave, 64GB, i7 3.2 GHz, Asus XG Station Pro, Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB

ReplyQuote
 of  108