automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

of  118
  RSS

Bradley Davis
(@the_moves)

@itsage, I will attempt to update the boot loader by reinserting my old 256gb original drive and installing Catalina that way to get the new bootloader.

yes I am currently using Catalina, but with an older boot loader. Specefically version 151.0.0.0.0, and per other form the latest is 162.0.0.0.0.

i don’t remember that snippet of info about pre-2014, thanks for that!

Edit: add bootrom versions

MacBook Pro 11,2 (Late 2013 with Iris Pro)
eGPU: Atkio Node 3 with Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter and AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Piipperi800
(@piipperi800)
Eminent Member

Are there any plans to support Big Sur?

MacBook Pro 15" Late 2013, Sonnet Breakaway Box 550, AMD RX 5700 XT

drYY liked
ReplyQuote
drYY
 drYY
(@dryy)

Posted by: @piipperi800

Are there any plans to support Big Sur?

it worries me a lot

MacPro 2013 6.1 AKiTiO Thunder2 RX570 Apple Thunderbolt Display plasma panel via HDMI

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

Use Purge-Wrangler which has Big Sur support.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2018 Mac Mini [8th,4C,B] + RX Vega 56 Nano @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + macOS 12.0 & Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Piipperi800
(@piipperi800)
Eminent Member

@itsage, would use it but Purge-Wrangler doesn’t work with my GPU

MacBook Pro 15" Late 2013, Sonnet Breakaway Box 550, AMD RX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote
fxps
 fxps
(@fxps)

Hi everyone, So I am running the Vega 64 card with the Razer eGPU however my computer will not show the full resolution even though it says its a 5120 i feel like i am not getting the full resolution any suggestions?

Late 2013 MAC PRO
RAZER CORE X eGPU SAPPHIRE AMD RADEON RX VEGA 64

ReplyQuote
Ronen
(@ronen)

@goalque, Hi. On 16" MBP 2019 i9 2.3Ghz   OSX 10.15.7  using Windows 10 build 2004 with Razer chroma X and

Radeon RX Vega 56. - on mac all work fine however windows  doesn't recognise the Egraphics.  i have created a bootable EFI  on flash drive selecting Nvidia ( AMD did not work nadi saw you had a commnet on OSX 10.15.1 or higher). any idea ?  any log i can send ?   Thanks! 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
dimi
 dimi
(@dimi)

@goalque, Hey, how u doing? 

I tried every solution on this website and unfortunately I cant run my egpu with my macbook booting win10 on bootcamp in a way that it is reliable. 

Using the automate-egpu EFI 1/10 Times it is booting fine with the igpu and the egpu active. The other 9, either it is booting without the egpu being activated or it is starting up the egpu but stuck at the win logo.

One year ago this solution was working in an amazing way and thank u so much for this EFI!

I hope you could help me.

System:

Macbook Pro 13 4TB 2018 i5 8259U

igpu: intel iris plus 655

egpu: sonet br.away 350 with Sapphire RX 570

mac os 10.15.7

Win 10 1903 

AMD drivers from bootcampdrivers.com

This post was modified 9 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
groovyf
(@groovyf)

So, scuppered now I've upgraded from a RX560 Breakaway Puck to a 5700XT+Razer Core X with my Mac Mini 2018

I've been happily runnning the RX560 with Mojave and Windows 10 Bootcamp (using the EGPU EFI bootable USB). Note at the EFI boot screen options it stated "eGPU detected".

After setting up the Core X + 5700XT and noting Mojave didn't see it, I upgraded to the latest Catalina on my Mac Mini 2018. Now MacOS can see and use it just fine.

I was hoping I'd simply be able to get into Windows 10 Bootcamp using the same method as before with the RX560, which was boot from the USB stick (RX560 box connected via DP to monitor, and HDMI to monitor from Mac Mini so I can see boot screen). After choosing to boot to Windows 10, I would unplug the HDMI straight away, then switch the monitor to DP and, bingo, Windows 10 with working RX560 eGPU.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with the 5700XT+Core X combo. the bootable USB states "No eGPU detected", and when choosing the Windows 10 boot option and unplugging the HDMI, it doesn't load into Windows. If I plug in the HDMI to see what's going on, I see a flashing Win 10 logo.

If I don't plug in the Core X, and use the normal Windows 10 bootcamp boot option from the Mac's menu with HDMI plugged-in, it boots into Windows just fine. I then plug-in the Core X with Windows finding the 5700XT but, of course, Error 12.

I've disabled some devices in Device Manager to no avail.

Any ideas very welcome!

Thanks

[Update: Seems I'm going nowhere now: the Core X just made a click noise and then took out the electricity in the room and the rest of downstairs - breaker had tripped! Got electricity on again and waited until the computer had powered-up again before trying to turn on the Core X. Powered it on and it made an almighty bang and took out the electricity again. The PSU of the Core X smells of something burned inside. Hope it's not taken out the 5700XT!]
This post was modified 9 months ago

ReplyQuote
mikeyb411
(@mikeyb411)

@dimi, try purge wrangler.  Automate EFi didn’t work for me. It will work for you in all likelihood.

MBP mid 2012 (A1278), running eGPU sonnetb reakaway RX560 - macOS 10.15.7; Window 10.

ReplyQuote
 of  118