Clear all

[Solved] automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

of  117
  RSS

andyegoo
(@andyegoo)
Eminent Member

@scensory

Hello everyone Great news big suse 11.2 beta update with firmware version 430xxx fixed the appearance of a black internal screen I'm happy! Loaded with the help of autom

430xxxx

ate-egpu-efi

This post was modified 1 month ago
2012 15" MacBook Pro Retina (GT650M) [3rd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (ASUS XG Station 2)+Win10 [build link]  

Scensory liked
ReplyQuote
GatOber
(@gatober)

@andyegoo, So if i recall correctly, actual big sur works but only external screen, and the beta 11.2 works internal and external?

Macbook Pro Retina 15" Late 2013 + Razer Core X + Yeston RX 480 SP

ReplyQuote
So_Handsome
(@so_handsome)

Hello guys, I am currently having problem passing the Power-On-Self-Test. Recently, I bought Razer Core X to replace my current enclosure which is Akitio Thunder2. But, with my new Razer Core X, I am not able to pass the POST. However, with my Akitio Thunder2. I can pass the POST easily. What should I do? I already tried different method like delayed plug after chime and also hold option key then plugging in the Razer Core X. But I still not able to pass the POST. Not even once.

My current setup:

Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013 15” maxed out

Akitio Thunder2 (modified) (TB2-TB2)

Nvidia GTX 1060 SC 6GB EVGA

New Razer Core X (with Apple TB3-TB2 adapter + Akitio TB cable (TB2-TB2) > cant pass the Power-On-Self-Test.

I just moved the GPU from Akitio to Razer

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
GatOber
(@gatober)

@andyegoo

Thanks A LOT, i was about giving up and selling everything, works like a charm.

80133e86-f707-429c-a818-d6a602d442d4

Macbook Pro Retina 15" Late 2013 + Razer Core X + Yeston RX 480 SP

ReplyQuote
Scensory
(@scensory)
Eminent Member

@so_handsome, sorry, but what is a power-on-self-test? I’m not sure I understand what exactly is failing. 

2014 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 11.2.1 & Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
So_Handsome
(@so_handsome)

Posted by: @scensory

@so_handsome, sorry, but what is a power-on-self-test? I’m not sure I understand what exactly is failing. 

It’s old Macbook Pro thing with TB2 where you have to plug the egpu before booting Windows to make it recognize the Thunderbolt device. However, When powering on the Macbook it will do the Power-On-Self-Test where the Macbook checks all the peripherals are working/turn-on properly before going to the next step of booting. It’s actually common to get this POST problem, but if you keep retry (force shut down the mac and try boot it again with egpu turn on) it would pass the POST. It’s kind of 50/50 success/fail rate. But when I tried to boot my Macbook Pro with Razer Core X, it never pass the POST no matter how many times I tried to boot it. With my previous enclosure which is Akitio Thunder2, I can pass the POST easily, well sometimes I fail to pass the POSS though, but eventually It would pass. I dunno what’s the problem. This is my 1st TB3 enclosure. Maybe there’s something to make it work?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Scensory
(@scensory)
Eminent Member

@so_handsome, oh, ok. I’ve never had that issue and Ive had a razer core x for about a year now. I plug everything in before turning on and it just works.

2014 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 11.2.1 & Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
andyegoo
(@andyegoo)
Eminent Member

@gatober

Hello, yes

2012 15" MacBook Pro Retina (GT650M) [3rd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (ASUS XG Station 2)+Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
andyegoo
(@andyegoo)
Eminent Member

@so_handsome

Hi, as far as I know, the macbook 15 pro retina 13-14 years(thunderbolt 2)  with a discrete card and without does not support thunderbolt 3 (egpu) cases with nvidia cards in windows, radeon cards work there are examples of assemblies.

This post was modified 1 month ago

ReplyQuote
So_Handsome
(@so_handsome)

Posted by: @andyegoo

@so_handsome

Hi, as far as I know, the macbook 15 pro retina 13-14 years(thunderbolt 2)  with a discrete card and without does not support thunderbolt 3 (egpu) cases with nvidia cards in windows, radeon cards work there are examples of assemblies.

@andyegoo, Really? Here’s the build link for 2014 macbook pro 15” and he got it working.

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2014-macbook-pro-4th4h-rtx-2080-super-16gbps-tb2tb3-razer-core-x-win10/

I dont know why mine don’t though.

I aldy tried to boot using automate-egpu efi using usb drive. But it still freeze when i plug the TB2 port at the automate-egpu boot loader

ReplyQuote
 of  117