Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

of  117
  RSS

Scensory
(@scensory)
Eminent Member

@andyegoo, I can confirm 11.2.1 still works with eGPU in Bootcamp Windows. We good.

2014 13" MacBook Pro [4th,2C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 11.2.1 & Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Paul Beers
(@paul_beers)

EDIT:  No idea, but i booted to Windows without the egpu, and then tried again and it worked perfectly.   No issues and I've successfully booted into windows with the 1060 multiple times.   I even ran Unigen Heaven benchmark and went form single digits with the Intel iGPU to 30fps with the 1060 in the Aorus Gaming Box.    Fortnite for my kid is locked at 60fps on Medium settings at 1280x800.   Ths laptop just went from being virtually useless for anything other than web surfing, to having new life!

I'm probably missing something, but here goes.....

Late 2013 15" Macbook Pro base (only Intel iGPU, 8GB of Ram 256GB SSD).   I want to use an Aorus Gaming Box with an Nvidia 1060 3GB GPU.   I know the GPU and box combo works (have a Windows 10 laptop with TB3).   However, when I boot my Macbook Pro, even with a USB drive running the EFI script, it starts to boot to Windows and then restarts and boots to Mac OS.   It's like it crashes Windows and then defaults to Mac OS.

Late 2013 MBP 15" iGPU Only > 3' TB2 Cable > Apple Thunderbolt 2 to TB3 adapter > Aorus Gaming Box w/ 3GB Nvidia 1060 GPU  

Running Mac OS 11.2.1 just updated last night.

Help!

This post was modified 1 week ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  117