[Solved] automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

of  121
  RSS

DidierC41
(@didierc41)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @mac_editor
Posted by: @didierc41

actually you may have built the solution for Catalina and recent OS, not necessarily for the ones like me that need an old HighSierra on an external drive because Nvidia never updated the drivers for Pascal GPU's.

??? I don't understand.

Anyway, let's move discussion to kryptonite thread to debug your issue.

I mean that Catalina is the OS installed on my MacBookPro I work with, I cannot downgrade to 10.13. So that if Nvidia provided drivers, I could forget about HighSierra& external drive since in the Kryptonite compatibility page it is said that it is Catalina compatible. The pb is the lack of Pascal Nvidia drivers for recent MacOS. But if your solution was initially dedicated to solve issues for other GPU's, you may not have encounter situations where booting from an external drive is necessary.

OK anyway I move to your answer on Kryptonite thread, thanks!!

MacBookPro 15" 2016, MacOS 10.15.7 (19H2), dGPU RP460, Sonnet Breakaway 550, NVIDIA GTX 1080

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

Kryptonite compatibility page it is said that it is Catalina compatible.

Are we reading the same page lol: https://github.com/mayankk2308/kryptonite/wiki/Compatibility#supported-macs

Says macOS High Sierra.

"Desultory reading is delightful, but to be beneficial, our reading must be carefully directed." — Seneca

Author: kryptonitepurge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance
Launching Apps on Specific (e)GPUs on macOS

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
DidierC41
(@didierc41)
Eminent Member

Kryptonite compatibility page it is said that it is Catalina compatible.

Are we reading the same page lol: https://github.com/mayankk2308/kryptonite/wiki/Compatibility#supported-macs

Says macOS High Sierra.

yes indeed, we are reading the same, and I agree; my point was about booting from an external drive, which is what makes goalie's EFI solution crashing in my case.

And I see also that OpenCore is a boot loader, so nothing to do with CoreAudio,

I have answer "N" and proceed with the Kryptonite installer on a USB stick...

MacBookPro 15" 2016, MacOS 10.15.7 (19H2), dGPU RP460, Sonnet Breakaway 550, NVIDIA GTX 1080

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

my point was about booting from an external drive, which is what makes goalie's EFI solution crashing in my case.

This doesn't matter? If it did, it would be noted in compatibility and I wouldn't have recommended you try kryptonite to begin with. Additionally, the root cause of your issues is not clear; I only said this:

Strange. If using High Sierra, it should have worked for you, although I don't know/recall if this solution can boot external volumes appropriately.

Anyway, I can help you debug your crashes (if you encounter them again on kryptonite) so let's see how it goes!

"Desultory reading is delightful, but to be beneficial, our reading must be carefully directed." — Seneca

Author: kryptonitepurge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance
Launching Apps on Specific (e)GPUs on macOS

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
DidierC41
(@didierc41)
Eminent Member

Anyway, I can help you debug your crashes (if you encounter them again on kryptonite) so let's see how it goes!

Yes, in any way MANY THANKS for your advice ! I had no answer from my first post about that issue during a couple of months.

The installer has setup a FAT32 USB drive correctly. I will reboot with HighSierra on that external drive and see what happens...

ReplyQuote
etheravion
(@etheravion)

Hi,

I'm currently on MBP 15" Late 2011 with macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6. I've installed Windows 10 and proceed until https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/ Step 2 Option 2. I have GPT partition. I've copied the EFI package into a thumbdrive and boot into it. It says eGPU not detected.

So, what do I have to do from here?

Due to this message "Update Feb-2019 >> Mac users are advised to use @goalque's automate-eGPU EFI instead of Clover to load your resultant  DSDT override  to avoid issue noted below in the BIG WARNING."

So once I'm at https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/automate-egpu-efi-egpu-boot-manager-for-macos-and-windows/, the instructions are not clear to me. I'm not sure how to proceed after boot into the thumbdrive with the EFI package.

This post was modified 1 month ago

MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series

ReplyQuote
etheravion
(@etheravion)

Posted by: @etheravion

Hi,

I'm currently on MBP 15" Late 2011 with macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6. I've installed Windows 10 and proceed until https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/ Step 2 Option 2. I have GPT partition. I've copied the EFI package into a thumbdrive and boot into it. It says eGPU not detected.

So, what do I have to do from here?

Due to this message "Update Feb-2019 >> Mac users are advised to use @goalque's automate-eGPU EFI instead of Clover to load your resultant  DSDT override  to avoid issue noted below in the BIG WARNING."

So once I'm at https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/automate-egpu-efi-egpu-boot-manager-for-macos-and-windows/, the instructions are not clear to me. I'm not sure how to proceed after boot into the thumbdrive with the EFI package.

Can somebody please help? @goalque?

MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series

ReplyQuote
PR IBS
(@pr_ibs)

Hi, I installed win11 on my old imac 27,mid-2011 ,via UEFI bootable usb, everything looks good except the sound , the High Definition Audio bus don't work . and show the error code 10.

I Tried 10 times for different method from our forums ,but no one work .  

Can it be solved for this problem .

Your support is highly appreciated.

ps, the problem hardward ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nu_ninja
(@nu_ninja)
Reputable Member

@pr_ibs

You have to apply the DSDT override fix for allocating a large memory area and that will fix the sound issue.

Lately, I've just been using Opencore legacy patcher to boot both windows and macos and that automatically applies this fix without having to do all the DSDT steps manually

Mid-2012 13" Macbook Pro (MacBookPro9,2) TB1 -> RX 460/560 (AKiTiO Node/Thunder2)
+ macOS 10.15+Win10 + Linux Mint 19.1

2012 13" MacBook Pro [3rd,2C,M] + RX 460 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.14.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
PR IBS
(@pr_ibs)

@nu_ninja, THANK YOU .

I have been use DSDT, and found the large Memory , but it can't fix the sound card . I using bootcamp to setup , met times of BOSD, and give up. Crying  

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  121