Setup & Software Discussions
best EGPU for 15" MacBook pro 2017 touchbar with RP555 dGPU?

best EGPU for 15" MacBook pro 2017 touchbar with RP555 dGPU?  

RSS

Apesta
(@apesta)

hello, i was wondering what EGPU i should buy(or wait for) to pair with my macbook pro 2017 15". Im running windows 10 bootcamp btw

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Referencing the Buyer’s Guide & using a process of elimination:

• If want best eGPU & external storage performance, host each using separate MBP ports & cables. It may mean you won’t be paying extra for an eGPU enclosure with ports. In which case the Sonnet 550 is the standout choice but it’s scheduled to be released in Q3.

• If neither charging, nor ports are important then the AKiTiO Node and Sonnet 350 are solid budget choices. The Sonnet 350 has quieter/better cooling and shared componentry with the Apple Dev Box. Though with AMD’s VEGA imminent release, the higher rated AKiTiO Node PSU has capacity to host up to 375W TDP video cards (Vega 64 LE is 345W), whereas the Sonnet 350’s max of 300W for video cards would limit you to a Vega 64 air edition with 295W TDP. The AKiTiO Node may then be your best choice for greater video card options.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + macOS 10.13.6 & Win10

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Apesta
(@apesta)

Thanks, perfect answer and was exactly what i was looking for

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote