Black screen on all displays when adding a third one (HP Omen Accelerator + RX 5...

Notifications
Clear all

Black screen on all displays when adding a third one (HP Omen Accelerator + RX 570)  

RSS

Vizhouz
(@vizhouz)

Hey guys,

just got my HP Omen Accelerator today and combined it with a 13" MacBook Pro w/o Touchbar and a Sapphire RX 570. Went pretty straightforward and everythings running fine with my ultrawide + a 1080x1920 (90 degrees rotated) display. Now when I add a third display (my tv) all displays go black, not like turning off just showing a black screen. That only fixes after removing the tv and either waiting like 15 secs or reconnecting the eGPU.

I tried multiple combinations now, all 3 displays on the eGPU never works. I got additional usb-c adapters and the only combination that kinda works is when I connect the 1080x1920 display via usb-c to vga and afterwards the tv and ultrawide (via the eGPU). That is the only way I don't get a black screen sofar. Problem is, I would prefer to put them all onto the eGPU. Also, after connecting, my 1080x1920 display isn't rotated yet and as soon as I rotate it all screens go black again and it doesnt work anymore, which is really weird. It seems like the rotation causes some problems, but even without rotating only the above mentioned order works to get them all to work together in the first place. I'm kinda unsure if it's the tv or the rotation or just something else. Did anyone else here have any problems with rotation or all displays turning black in general?

Kind regards

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
rotarymac
(@rotarymac)

Did you have the displays all connected to the eGPU before you plugged the eGPU into the macbook?

2014 15" MacBook Pro (GT750M) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 970 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13.2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Vizhouz
(@vizhouz)

Yea, I tried plugging in the eGPU with all displays and also plugging in the eGPU first and then some displays. It always fails when the tv is plugged in.

I also recently found out that when it goes black and I disconnect the tv after about 5-10 minutes the other 2 displays come back and I'm logged out. After logging in I get told by chrome etc. that it crashed, so I can just guess that connecting the tv crashes something, thats why the macbook logs out and then I don't know.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Sky11
(@sky11)
Reputable Member

Which OS?

ReplyQuote
Vizhouz
(@vizhouz)

MacOS 10.13.2 (17C88) , I don't use bootcamp.

ReplyQuote