Build Help, Razer Core X with Tesla K80 eGPU, MacBook Air 2018, Catalina

Notifications
Clear all

Build Help, Razer Core X with Tesla K80 eGPU, MacBook Air 2018, Catalina  

RSS

Neel Redkar
(@neel_redkar)

I was wondering if I could use the Razer Core X with a Tesla K80 Nvidia GPU and get it working? Assuming I deal with the cooling by adding another fan, could it function natively on MacOS?

I was looking at Purge Wrangler and it had Kepler GPU support (specs: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/tesla-k80.c2616), and the K80 Tesla GPU has a GK210 Kepler architecture.

It would mostly be used for deep learning/maybe occasional gaming, though I don't expect great performance from it on that.

This topic was modified 10 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
craftsman
(@craftsman)
Estimable Member

Waste of time, especially paired with that CPU.

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + macOS 10.15.1 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
dawnsong
(@dawnsong)

@neel_redkar, is Tesla K80 + Razer Core X working for your MacBook Air 2018 Catalina or Mojave?

I am trying to buy a Razer Core X to use a K80 card too, wondering if you can give me some advice.

Thanks.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote